JW elder on the street I live in.

by Thisismein1972 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

So just the other day I happened to look out my window to see the COBE and the elder who studied with me on the doors. It got me thinking.

I remember one day, during my study that he said he loved me. Although he meant this as a "brother" it actually sent me into, what I can only describe as shock and alarm! So now I am out and he is still in going around preaching "the life saving work."

If this work is so urgent, and he truly did love me, wouldn't this elder be practically knocking my door down to get me to turn around?

Just a thought.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"If this work is so urgent, and he truly did love me, wouldn't this elder be practically knocking my door down to get me to turn around?"

You would think so BUT don't count on it. We have family members that have known we are out via rumors and talk within the JW community. We know this for a fact. Have they done anything...hell no. Either they don't have the balls, don't believe the JW crap either or are happy for us, therefore, leaving us alone.

I guess you have to appreciate the fact that they are not hounding you.

With all the busy work WT give the JW's, you would think they would be envious of you.

Enjoy your freedom!

• millie210
    millie210

They have a form of love but prove false to its power.

Hows that for taking liberty with a quote?

I think that they dont have anything to lure us back with.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

It's strange, you learn true love when you leave the the WT.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Agreed. Even JW family have “no natural affection".

In fact, one could go down the whole list of 1 Timothy 3: "disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride"

They don’t even try to get me back, reason with me, find out why I left to try to address it, address questions posed. They are afraid of a boogeyman who is not there. They do not see the real me.

Even JWs who were my best friends, who attested to such “great love” and kinship, are nowhere to be found.

There exist companions disposed to break one another to pieces, but there exists a friend sticking closer than a brother. <<<All JWs proved to be the latter not the former.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I said this decades ago to an elder.

Why do we spend so much time door-to-door, while "weak" ones are ignored and end up leaving?

It is such a poorly managed cult.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Why do we spend so much time door-to-door, while "weak" ones are ignored and end up leaving?"

Oh my gosh, how many times I have asked this exact question. I never got an answer.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Turns out he just had the temporary hots for you.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, "by their fruits you will recognise these people"

As we know, the "love" is conditional on you acting, thinking, and living EXACTLY as you are told by the society...otherwise that "love" dries up...

• Spiral
    Spiral
    @ToesUp4 hours ago

"If this work is so urgent, and he truly did love me, wouldn't this elder be practically knocking my door down to get me to turn around?"

"You would think so BUT don't count on it. We have family members that have known we are out via rumors and talk within the JW community. We know this for a fact. Have they done anything...hell no. Either they don't have the balls, don't believe the JW crap either or are happy for us, therefore, leaving us alone."

We have the same experience, all these eldubs in the family, rumors swirling, and yet NO ONE says a thing.

Perhaps they are just jealous? I don't know, but it seems funny. Or afraid we might have a real reason for fading they can't argue with?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit