This Sucks: Every Day this pandamic goes on, PIMI wife is slipping further and further into the WT abyss

by goingthruthemotions 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Studyover
    Studyover

I agree joe134cd. As my mother is mid 80s it seems to me there is no point in continuing to try to get her to think critically. She believes she will get her health back and see loved ones in the paradise and those thoughts give her comfort. At the same time if I hear the words "critical times hard to deal with" once more this week I think I may go mad!!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they want to be idiots, let them. And they will reap the consequences in full.

To me, this pandemic is not that much worse than a real bad flu, with panic and shortages thrown in for good measure. While the outcome can be serious, there are things I can do to tilt the field toward a mild outcome or not getting it at all. Back when the Plague hit, they didn't have that option. People could not prepare at all. They could not avoid work--you had to work until you were dead because your owners would demand such. They didn't provide any guidelines at all. No hand sanitizer or masks (as if they would have done any good against the fleas that spread the disease). No vitamins. No nothing. And it didn't just kill 4 or 5 percent of people (OK, 15-20% among the oldest and sickest). It killed nearly 3/4 of Europe.

And yet, it is the fear of joke-hova's wrath that is the worse disease. It is bad enough that they will use this to invoke communism (to me, that is worse than either the disease itself or the panic and shortages they are creating). To inflict this communism on yourself through Christi-SCAM-ity in any form is even worse. That is a pandemic that is going to lead to the worst pandemic in the universe: Communism.

You want to be stupid? That's your business. You want to impose that stupidity on me? That's my business.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Support for the O/p “going through the motions” ...

Hang on in there Bro.. this is a bad time that the world is going through. I heard a prediction today that by Christmas we will see a general boom in baby births , and marriage strife due to all being at home together.

As for closed-minded dubs, this is wonderful, just like persecution, except it isn’t. “Surely a sign of the end” they say....

Stick with it say little it does no good. They will see the system get through this and get back to normal ,Economically bruised but still standing .

Us husbands just have to get on with it........

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

The witnesses are bad enough with their end of the world predictions. But they are not alone in this pandemic.

I have seen lots of churches posting apocalyptic doom and gloom messages since this Covid-19 outbreak began.

Pestilences! It is an anagram of Silence Pest.

About time somebody did silence these pests.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

I've been watching the zoom meetings and the speaker said the attendance is superior to the actual kingdom hall attendance. He even said people are back that stopped attending the meetings at the hall in the past. This pandemic is scaring everyone back to the meetings.

They are still drilling that everyone needs to go out in service by joining zoom meeting field service groups with letter writing and phone witnessing. They also made a reminder to turn in your field service time for March. That is the most important thing in JW land. The reporting of service time must never stop!

"This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth." - A command only directed to the anointed, they say but the other sheep have to do it because they said so.

"Eat of this bread and drink of this wine...keep doing this in remembrance of me." - A command only directed to the anointed, they say and so they refuse to extend this invitation to the other sheep because they say so.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Encourage her to make statements that she will regret once the crisis is over. The more committed she is, the better.

Later ....

"Remember when you said ...?" What do you think now ....?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

My extended family that would miss meetings for weeks is suddenly super dub. From remarks they made I am sure they have been here, if not members.

It is the old training; and the peer pressure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit