If "Zoom" is All They Have Now.....

by 1234 18 Replies latest jw friends

Think of the possibilities, if this technology is all they have to stay in touch with their minions think of the wonderful possibilities....

1. Think of what just one molotov cocktail or flame thrower could do to their broadcasting room and the "world wide work."

2. Or better yet if "V" (for vendetta) hacked into their broadcasting system...and told them the real truth.

3. Just one rogue Bethelite could have all kinds of fun....

I can dream can't I....

• Smiles
    Smiles

Watch Tower is tighting its grip on JW elders during this pandemic. "Rogue" is unlikely at this time for a couple reasons:

• JWs obediently rally during times of catastrophe because they believe doing so will improve their chance of survival.
    • Rogue fallout is typically possible after major events fail to meet expectations.

Watch Tower is its own worse enemy.

So stay tuned!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Arson or sabotage will just push people in. Along with being against reason and law.

Better is to get people to think.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The COVID-19 crisis has JDubs fired up right now. They see it as a sure sign that The End(™) is near. Very, very near. Even many with lingering doubts, those who keep one foot in the door, will step in a little farther right now JUST IN CASE this pandemic leads into Armageddon.

Once it passes, things will go back to "normal" and they'll see it was just another event on the world scene and apathy will again set in.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

They use zoom individually with each hall, right? That's how I understand it. I think they are having a small group go to the hall and do the meeting live on zoom. Or, they are all in their homes and elder this gives his talk, then elder that gives his. So, you'd have to hit every hall or house, and that is wrong and illegal, and would kick up the persecution complex anyway.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    Watch Tower is tighting its grip on JW elders during this pandemic. "Rogue" is unlikely at this time for a couple reasons:
    • JWs obediently rally during times of catastrophe because they believe doing so will improve their chance of survival.

Some good news on that obedience end.Some of them are being nudged to awaken on their own due to this zooming meting criterias. Heard a pimi couple complain that they are not going to be videoed/seen on tthose "damn things" to listen to the meetings!

Another pimi husband of a pimo woman told me that her husband is mad that they have to dress up to meeting standards (shaved, showered, jacket suit and tie an d all) just to sit in his own house to listen to the meeting.He is very annoyed and says not doing it.

There are people awakening ,give it some time and washtowel might dig their own ...

Zing

• VIII
    VIII

My family is convinced it's the GT. Sent me some ridiculous emails telling me that. Also, all the links to sign in so I could listen to the meetings by ZOOM.

They are calling them every day to verify that they will sign-on for the digital meetings. My Mom is getting daily phone calls.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Here in my bit of the UK the KH's are out of action.

Everyone (with a computer or tablet) is connected using ZOOM and at meeting time all stay in their own home. Other than that the meeting is run as usual. Watchtower Study or other Q&A and you have to raise your hand and be seen by conductor and then be asked to comment. Everyone has to be dressed for meeting. Regular phone calls from Elders to check how you are spiritually.

Social distancing enforced especially for the over 65's.

George

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

No daily phone calls here. And especially not to see if we are well, need groceries. We are elderly . That fits the on your own posting

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

My brother tells me that my fulltime pioneer mum doesnt know what to do with herself and "is struggling" without the meetings or ministry. She has JWBroadcasting on all day everyday in the background.

How indoctrinated can you get?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit