Today's Text - You MUST Love Jehovah!

by Divergent 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Divergent
    Divergent

Thursday, September 1

You must love Jehovah your God.—Matt. 22:37.

If you have a loving relationship with Jehovah, you will be a ‘doer of the word, not a hearer only.’ (Jas. 1:22-25) A “doer” has faith that produces such works as zealous preaching activity and participation in Christian meetings. Because you really love God, you will obey Jehovah’s “perfect law,” which covers everything he requires of you. (Ps. 19:7-11) Love for Jehovah God will cause you to turn to him often in heartfelt prayer. Evidently alluding to the daily burning of incense under the Law covenant, the psalmist David sang: “May my prayer be as incense prepared before you [Jehovah], my uplifted hands like the evening grain offering.” (Ps. 141:2; Ex. 30:7, 8) May your humble petitions, your earnest supplications, and your heartfelt words of praise and thanksgiving to God be like the sweet-smelling incense that symbolizes acceptable prayers.—Rev. 5:8. w14 6/15 1:20, 21

10 points that came to my mind:

1. "You must love Jehovah your God."

Does it make sense to FORCE people to love you? Shouldn't love come NATURALLY to be meaningful? Can GENUINE love even be forced? Not at all!

2. "If you have a loving relationship with Jehovah, you will be a ‘doer of the word, not a hearer only."

Can it REALLY be said that the governing body are DOERS of the word?

3. A “doer” has faith that produces such works as zealous preaching activity and participation in Christian meetings.

Wait... NOTHING at all about helping the disadvantaged / elderly / sick / infirm / victims of abuse and showing tender love and care for such ones?

4. "Zealous preaching activity"

Like standing dumbly beside a cart?

5. "Participation in Christian meetings"

You mean to say that Jehovah / Jesus would judge us based on the number of times we comment at the meetings?

6. "Because you really love God, you will obey Jehovah’s “perfect law,” which covers everything he requires of you."

There is a big difference between loving God and FEARING God. Many JW's are motivated by fear, obligation, and guilt instead of love!

7. "Jehovah's perfect law"

No such thing! If you say it is, please take a look at www.evilbible.com and see the Bible for what it really is!

8. "Love for Jehovah God will cause you to turn to him often in heartfelt prayer."

What's the point when the most BASIC thing - INTERACTION, is not even evident??? Prayer is one-sided & any "answer" can simply be attributed to coincidence. We can simply pray to any object and get the same outcome. Try it out for yourself!

9. "Evidently alluding to the daily burning of incense under the Law covenant, the psalmist David sang: “May my prayer be as incense prepared before you [Jehovah], my uplifted hands like the evening grain offering.”

And Jehovah proceeded to kill David's innocent child. So much for prayer!

10. "May your humble petitions, your earnest supplications, and your heartfelt words of praise and thanksgiving to God be like the sweet-smelling incense that symbolizes acceptable prayers."

My humble petitions and earnest supplications went unanswered. What more can be said???

• raven
    raven

I always look forward to your daily text post, you dissect the lies in each sentence perfectly! Thank you for the post, makes ya think deep with these ones!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

• Divergent
    Divergent

Thanks, Raven! Honestly speaking, I haven't been posting much lately... but glad to see that I can help to make a difference, however small my contributions might be!

• Divergent
    Divergent

Vidiot:

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

The ironic thing is some people don't mind being beaten and actually condition themselves to think that they deserve it

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Today's Text - You MUST Love Jehovah!

IN WATCHTOWER WORLD..

Jehovah = WatchTower

WatchTower = The WBT$ GB "Rock Star" Popes..

The WBT$ GB "Rock Star" Popes = Bums Who Live Like Kings,On Donations From JW`s..

We Don`t Work!.....We Beg..

We`re WatchTower Bums!..

SEND US YOUR MONEY!!..
    Image result for Watchtower governing Body

• sparky1
    sparky1

"My humble petitions and earnest supplications went unanswered. What more can be said?" - Divergent

YOU MUST HAVE LACKED FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just remember, in WATCHTOWERLAND, the individual is always to blame. You either lacked faith, ran ahead of the organization, didn't trust in Jehovah enough, had selfish intentions, were blinded by Satan, had unclean 'private sins' , didn't pray hard and long enough, didn't go out in service enough, didn't answer at the meeting enough, grieved Jehovah's Holy Spirit, weren't reaching out enough, were not keeping up with Jehovah's progressive chariot, read your own personal interpretations into prophecy, didn't respect the authority of the Elders, didn't 'wait of Jehovah' and the list goes on and on and on! Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the invisible angels and his corporate representatives, the GOVERNING BODY OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES (tm) never take responsibility for anything......................but you must love Jehovah in spite of the evidence!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

You must be a "spiritual person" which equates to tasks. Tasks that WT commands you to do. Where is the scripture that you have to put 10 hours a month in Field Serve us? Man made rules. Legalism at it's best!

• sir82
    sir82

You MUST love Jehovah....

Or he will have son throw a flaming hailstone at your head to slaughter you "very soon now"!

But he doesn't force anyone to love him!

Oh no!

It is COMPLETELY YOUR CHOICE to love him or not.

Of course, you will BE SLAUGHTERED LIKE A PIG IN THE STREET if you make the wrong choice....

But hey! It's still a choice!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How can they make anyone love joke-hova when all that thing does is enslaves you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit