Awake No. 2 2019 - Way To Destroy Your Childrens Hopes And Dreams Watchtower!

by pale.emperor 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes keep your children close to the WTS/JWorg. organization so they can indoctrinated with lies, fear, ignorance and corruption by men posing to be channeled to god.

Yes keep your children close to the lying corrupt religious publishing house so they can be exploited and manipulated by devious men for their will, means and purpose.

Jehovah isn't around these commercialized false prophets and never was but that's besides the point.

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Encourage your child to apologize quickly. Help your child to see where he is wrong and to acknowledge it.

Do they mean just like the Governing Body does whenever they make a mistake? Oh, they never, ever admit to being wrong about anything. Goddamned hypocrites!

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

I can still remember my elder GF giving a talk, he was saying in todays world kids say they want their rights. Kids have no rights. Yep said it from the stage.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor
    The article contains puzzle pieces kinda that fit into a larger frame they don't offer the casual reader who grabs a magazine off the cart or accepts a copy at the door. We pick up on that frame: when they say "apologize quickly" or "serving others is a privilege" what they really mean is be submissive, or more specifically, "submit to the Governing Body and the Elders by living your life however they tell you." The author(s) want their advice to stand alone, as if the article will help the casual reader raise their child, but we all know the article doesn't stand alone: it's sorta preliminary advice which tests whether you're "fit" to join up, which makes much of the advice ring hollow or come across as blatantly hypocritical, as other posters pointed out already.
  • Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

The most effective form of propaganda is the half-truth, as this article shows.

There is nothing, in itself, wrong with being humble (some of the arrogant *>^#$ I have to deal with could certainly profit from being so!). Predictably, though, this lot have twisted matters around to make humility one and the same with being a doormat for the GB.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Taken on it's own, this article seems to present reasonable advice in helping your child become a productive and responsible member of human society at large.

Taken in the context of being raised (indoctrinated) as a child of Jehovah's Witness parents the information could be more succinctly presented as: LISTEN, OBEY and be BLESSED.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Sparky: LISTEN, OBEY and be BLESSED.

jp1692: LISTEN, OBEY and be BLESSED: It's a cult!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Pale this all reminds me of the 1968 awake. I was 14 at the time and my Dad took that maz. hook, line and sinker. From that time on he would tell me not to make ant friends at school, don't worry about higer education and don't pay any attention to men landing on the moon. It was all going to be destroyed during armageddon. Everyone I know at school will be dead. Talk about using fear to control you. It truly is abuse. In todays world it seems to being used more and more in every aspect of life. Fear works and thats all the cult has to control young ones. By the way that is what help open my son eyes was the wt. fear mongering. It's amazing I am not on drugs today. Lol. Still Totally ADD

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

This certainly worked on me! I was a humble doormat that doubted anything I did was good. I remember an "example" given from the podium - an elder who, when he thought he was better than others, would say to himself "you're nothing more than a speck of dust" And that is what they want you to dwell on.

Yes, instill a feeling of inferiority to your children so they can be manipulated every time they go to the hall.

• zeb
    zeb

SM: "old Men who have never had any children" perspective about child rearing,

• they never had kids
    • never had to face the work a day world
    • the dynamics of fellow employees
    • nasty employers
    • traffic
    • paying a mortgage
    • do their own housework
    • and so on

so therefore we assume, we consider, are so completely out of touch that ...argh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit