Tv's in Kingdom hall

by dothemath 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl
    No one stands to profit from this. All installation labor will be on volunteered time. Hell, the monitors are probably furnished by a JW supplier who is expected to donate the equipment or sell it at a steep discount
  • dbq407
    dbq407
    Ours were installed just a week or two ago. Two big 70" tv's, and a projector and screen. Seems a bit overkill, since they spent $2500 on the projector about two years ago and now $3200 on the 70" smart tv's. People were making comments during the wt study on sunday about how great these smart tv's are and how the WT is using the world..........but of course not using the world to the full like they preach against.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

If someone who left the WT's lets say15-20 years ago, then started coming back into KH's or Assembly halls, what a shocker they'd be in for.

Smart T.V's perched-up on walls, projector screens, broadcasts. Much to be astonished by ATM's in Assembly Hall lobbies.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

sir82 wrote: The current schedule for the CLAM is that once a month there will be video shows instead of student demos. Videos currently are shown frequently in service meeting parts.

Can someone please tell me, What is CLAM?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I wonder who gets the contract for fulfilling those orders. Some insider stands to make a huge amount of money.

SBF I have seen this writing on the wall from the outset of the jw website promotion and all that has happened with it. Pushing of apple ipad products, pushing roku, pushing printing of the materials or using the electronics. With the videos and the format of having the GB members sending broadcasts, I had a strong feeling this would be a money making prospect fr the org and whichever company they worked with to push product.

It's all about the $. From an outsiders point of view it seems so obvious.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

AudeSapere

''Can someone please tell me, What is CLAM?''

C - Christian

L - Life

A - And

M - Ministry

Christian Life And Ministry. To replace the current Congregation Book Study, Ministry School and Service Meeting.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I would imagine the leaders of the WBT$ (Probably not the insane governing body, something tells me they are no more than puppets), want the R&F to be 'mind cleansed(tm1953) by the propaganda from HQ. In the past, in public talks and comments, there have been too many loose cannons, brothers and sisters(tm) putting their own weirder (zealous), spin on subjects, going around spouting non WTB$ approved crud - I can name some -

The WBT$ needs total conformity to achieve 1984 Orwellian status. The TVs in the kingdom hells can achieve this.

• konceptual99
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Gotta love this. This is a page right from another more modern American Cult: Scientology. All of their "learning centers" are set up just like this. It goes along great with the newly designed LBC cookie-cutter Kingdom Hall design. Open-air, modern, semi-office looking place of indoctrination, with fancy tech screens to lure in the unsuspecting and lull to sleep the already fully-in even more. A lot of "ohh and ahhhh", that really amounts to "symbolism over substance". It's like a slight of hand, dazzle you with the lights, while lifting your wallet.

Scientology has this down to a Science. (lol!!!!) JW's have now stolen it and adapted it for their own use. This is also true of the cartoons, music videos, and shitty cart music one hears on JW Broadcasting. All "borrowed" from Scientology, much like "Family Study Night" was borrowed from the Mormons.

• under the radar
    under the radar

So let me get this straight... The Society just looted the congregations' accounts of every cent except a small contingency reserve, and now wants them to pony up thousands more to buy specific TVs and other equipment IN ADDITION to "contributing" their regular monthly pledge in perpetuity. Hmmm... Sounds like a good deal for somebody. Just saying'...

Oh yeah... "All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not." Direct quote from the Watchtower, November 2013 Study Edition, article "Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes - What They Mean for Us Today," paragraph 17.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit