Three congregations dissolved and a kingdom hall sold within a 50 mile radius in my area...

by UNCONDITIONAL LOVE 33 Replies latest jw friends

• UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

Has anyone else heard of these situations with congregations and halls in your area? I thought the ground breaking mandatory pledge a little while ago was to keep up with "immense" growth? How soon they forget... Looks really bleak for the future of the WBATS, the JW gravy train seems to be coming to a slow and agonizing yet inevitable stop. You can hide bull-$&!? only for awhile, until eventually it starts to smell and is exposed and disposed of...

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

If you don't mind me asking - what area is this?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Happened in my area, in the SE USA

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Has anyone else heard of these situations with congregations and halls in your area? I thought the ground breaking mandatory pledge a little while ago was to keep up with "immense" growth?

Not sure if you have been a member of this forum for some time, but there have been many threads about their real estate business. They are in the business of real estate and are making money of it. Their pledge is as good as a three dollar bill.

• UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

TBK - N.E. USA

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Happened to the neighboring congregation of where I used to attend. That congregation was split between ours and their neighbors to the south, depending on where the person lived. The reason I heard was that they couldn't get enough qualified men to serve as elders, though I have my doubts.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the one where i live here in the UK is up for sale--£ half a million. ive heard the dubs will be sharing another hall 10 miles away.

• flipper
    flipper

This is happening all over the United States right now as the WT Society put a stop to all construction on new kingdom halls - except up in rural New York at the new " Bethel " . Now WT Society is consolidating many congregations forcing people to drive 30 miles or more to just attend meetings. And for what reason ? Financial gain $$$$$$$ of course !

Last spring I even heard my JW son in law complaining about this wondering if their little kingdom hall was going to be sold- forcing him and my daughter to drive for miles to attend meetings. It's not a pretty picture in JW land right now. One moment a couple years ago the WT Society was saying to rank & file JW's " We have a need for money ! Help further kingdom interests ! WE need your contributions. " Now it's , " No need for further construction, we're good. We still need your contributions though. "

It's a scam of epic proportions. They've already forced congregations to make payments to the WT Society in remodeling thousands of kingdom halls to cause indebtedness of congregations to the Society- now we see what the reasons for that all was- to keep money coming in to offset child abuse scandals, to pad the WT Society's billion $$$$$ worth of sales of prime Brooklyn property - and to start up a NEW scam- sweeping uncrowded kingdom halls out from under congregations who have paid for these halls with volunteer labor, volunteer donations - then forcing JW's to drive 30 miles or 45 minutes to meetings because no Kingdom hall is left in their area !

" Jehovah's " warm bounty of " Christian love " being displayed by the Governing Body is just dizzying isn't it ? Of course according to the new June WT - even if jW's DISAGREE with this situation- they still have to obey " God's chosen servants and his sovereignty " - right ? So disgusting I could puke

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Love your comments above Flipper. WT is showing their true colors. Most will follow blindly BUT some are seeing right through it. WT is truly worried! It's a good thing!

• Magnum
    Magnum

Glad you posted this. Info like this is the main reason I come to this site. Unlike many here, I believe JWdom could crash and burn in the relatively near future. Some say that it could shrink and survive perhaps as an e-religion, but I don't see how. JWdom is based on an end times theology that refers to a great harvest in the last days, a great warning work, etc. How could that fit with a shrinking and ever less significant JW presence?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit