Results of the 2018 Global Survey of Jehovah's Witnesses

by Unstuck 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I believe the first reason of the survey was to allow active Jehovah's Witnesses to participate and give their opinion on issues where they are usually unheard. Thus, the title of the site: Giving a voice to the silent majority.

However, out of the 8+ million Jehovah's Witnesses on the plannet, only 378 chose to participate. In this sense, this survey, while I admire the sizable effort, is not a success.

Perhaps active JWs would be more responsive if:

1. The survey was placed on a web site for that purpose alone with no articles, blogs, or anything drawing any conclusion from the data presented.
    2. The web site would allow to do the very same thing for other religions and topics as well. This way, JWs wouldn't feel targeted.
    3. The survey would come back on top in google searches
    4. The survey did not contain questions that would remotely sound apostate. It would have to sound like something the watchtower would produce if they ever did one.
    5. The survey was not calculated per year. Rather, it would allow you to log back and change your mind if you wanted to.
    6. The survey would display results dynamically based on certain criterias. For exemple, by region or by people who answered this or that question with a particular option.
    7. Every questions should be optional. The first questions would be very simple and more complexe lengthy questions would be toward the end.

Other than that, the survey sounds like a big echo chamber where we get to hear the same things we hear on facebook and on forums such as this one. It doesn't give us a view on active Jehovah's Witnesses.

And I say all this with the utmost respect I have for Loyd and his friends by the way. I want to mention this as I know all the effort that went into doing this and its not pleasent to hear negative feedback such as the one I am writting here. At least, they can draw comfort in the massive success they've found on Youtube. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit