Jaywalking Proves our Education System Needs Help....

by teenyuck 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

dub, those were great! Geraldo....Hee Hee...that's probably why they kicked him out!

shamus....you were right...I should have named it better. Sounds nasty.

edited to add: I tried to rename it: Jaywalking Proves our Education System Needs Help....

It won't change.

• Maverick
    Maverick

This is like the joke about this Arab official who was criticizing Americans when he told a US journalist that only ten percent of the journalists fellow Americans could find Iraq on a map. To which the journalist replied, "Your are right sir, that is true. But those ten percent are Marines!" Maverick

• Gopher
    Gopher

Well MY subject line works , even though I'm an American !!

Has anyone seen the game show "Street Smarts"? That show asks fairly basic questions of knowledge of people on the street (such as: Name the American vice president, name the 50th state), and contestants bet on who will or won't be able to answer accurately.

I am amazed at the lack of general knowledge among so many younger people (or at least the ones they show). They've lived this insulated life.

LOL @ Englishman's world map from an American viewpoint.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    I am amazed at the lack of general knowledge among so many younger people (or at least the ones they show). They've lived this insulated life.

I agree....I cannot figure out why those people would sign a release to use them on TV! I would be horrified to not be able to answer those questions. But, I do think they only show the ones who don't have the right answer...makes for many more laughs.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

LOL @ E-man's map. I remember you posted that when I first came to the forum nearly two years ago and I about spit up my coffee I laughed so hard. Unfortunately, it's all so true.

Well, I had something happen today that would qualify as one of those Jaywalk moments. I'm at the grocery store getting my purchases tallied up. The girl bagging my groceries is about to graduate from high school and was talking with the clerk about how she is not sure if she wants to go directly to college. Perhaps some world travel would be more to her liking. After a year, then she would begin college. The clerk, a gentleman in his 50's, suggests somewhat tongue in cheek that she join the military. That he, himself, "saw some of the world" that way.

To that I quipped: "Well, see the world and maybe fight in a war, or two."

To which the gentlemen clerk commented that at least they didn't have to fight where he did. So, the girl asks what war he is talking about, "Vietnam" he says. She is taken back "Wow! you are THAT old?!"

Not looking up from writing my check I say "Ouch!"

Then the girl asks "When WAS the Vietnam war?"

Gentleman clerk: "64 through 71"

Girl: "Wow! I thought it happened around 1920!"

Me: "Oops, wrong war."

Andee

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

LOL@BG!!!

1920! OMG!

• Maverick
    Maverick

Just a note about Vietnam, Saigon fell in 1975.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit