Breaking news: Subcontracted logistics in US and Canada, more layoffs coming...

by sp74bb 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Does the headquarters of Walmart become the new bethel, and will JW's be making a pilgrimage to Fayetteville Arkansas in the future ?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

They can be greeters...just stick their carts at the door and smile to everybody coming in....the colors are the same.

Walmart colors with JW org pins to match. All set to go

• DJS
    DJS

Dubs and Walmart shoppers. I hate it when you all are redundant.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Interesting that while saying the world will turn on them, they put their printing and logistical management in the hands of......the world! To save cost.

While its a smart move overall......i mean.....it has to ring a little to anyone paying attention no?

• Incognito
    Incognito

With many of the JW's in this area now downloading their study mags and other liter(ature), how much will actually be shipped by truck?

As stated previously, I suspect WT will soon off-load printing to the 'publishers'. Most presentations will be done by electronic tablet and if a publisher wants to leave a hard copy, they'll need to print it themselves on their desktop printers.

Apparently song books have already been made redundant. I understand the song words are now displayed on the large screen TVs in the KHs.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Incognito: With many of the JW's in this area now downloading their study mags and other literature, how much will actually be shipped by truck?

They will need all the pamphlets and paraphernalia that goes along with their cart setups

You know...their charity work - spreading that Troof

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    sp74bb.....Now I know that you are winding us up. Walmart indeed ! cheesh!
  • freddo
    freddo

@orphan crow

How long before each cart will have its own built in printer and supply of paper? (funded by the congregation or circuit of course )

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

What next? A deal with the "Golden Arches" to set up "pop up" McCafes at the conventions and assemblies?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Meh...Wal-Mart - God-Mart we all need something to fill the void.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit