What Kind Of Psychological Conseling Do You Think Jehovah's Witnesses Need When They Find Out It's Not The Truth?

by Brokeback Watchtower 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cofty
    cofty

No. I would prefer that the cult implode than reform.

• Simon
    Simon

Given that

a) there is no legal way to "outlaw" shunning

and

b) people are free to believe (and do believe) and follow whatever they want

and

c) the shunning by the WTS isn't unique in any way

It follows that the WTS is filling a certain niche and if they ever disappeared, something else would fill the void they leave. They exist because there is demand for them or something like them.

The only thing that will destroy them and their kind is to remove the demand through better education and more atheism.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

A big Amen to Smiddy's comments I think you expressed it well it has been a big help to me, everyone sharing a common experience and what pull them through it. I've been out for 16 years and along with my own research and helpful advice here can say this can be a very good place to start and to always leave room for special cases.

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

For a time I saw a therapist who had worked with victims of domestic abuse and also people of mob/gang families. I was told my case most closely resembled one in dealing with a mob family. Good therapists are out there, and sometimes it just helps to be heard by a professional.

Although, nothing beats a good vent here on the forum where almost everyone knows exactly what you're dealing with. I don't even have to explain the cult-speak, and it's a helluva lot cheaper!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit