Check This out!! Help Needed-Former Elder Rodrick "Rod" Watkins Arrested for Felony Sexual Abuse

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Someone I know who attends a congregation about a half hour away from Rodney Watkins' Heber Springs Congregation confirmed that Watkins is currently disfellowshipped and has been since mid 2017 or later.

So to be fair to John Redwood, Jwsurvey, John Cedars and others bringing this to light...this is no rumor! WT's reputation of being a haven for child molesters is about to take center stage yet again!

Me thinks the JW community around Arkansas and beyond are going to be hit hard due to these news worthy wrongdoings.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...anyone want to guess what congregation is next to be dissolved and possibly what Kingdom Hall is next to be sold -off?🤣🤣🤣

• blondie
    blondie

Sexual repression or lack of outlets is not a cause of pedophilism. Many pedophiles are married to women and have children. The catholic church and others try to say that priests seek out children because of being repressed sexually not true. I worked with the FBI regarding child sexual abuse cases, and 3/4 of known pedophiles were married had families, and their victims were females.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    blondie: I worked with the FBI regarding child sexual abuse cases, and 3/4 of known pedophiles were married had families, and their victims were females.

Sorry blondie...I didn't mean to come across soo dogmatic. Me would put this Watkins predator in the other 1/4 of known molesters in that while he is married with no children...his contact with young ones in the slightest somehow put these children at risk for whatever other reasons.

All I know is...for as long as I've been in this cult and as many young marriages I've seen come and go...what I've hardly ever seen is true romance among most JW married couples. I'm talking about showing affection in public like a soft kiss on the cheek...holding hands...an embrace ...etc. Hell just think of getting locked into a life long commitment without both husband and wife having the freewill without 'Mothers' meddling of looking under the 'hood'! I mean what's a guy to do if he finds out on his wedding night that she doesn't like intimacy...or what is she to do if she realizes he doesn't have any desire to go to bat? Where's the outlet...just saying?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit