Aside from the alleged "composite Sign", what is the scriptural evidence for Christ's 1914 presence?

by Vanderhoven7 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

I like how this article shows that other creepy stuff Russell and his buddies were into promoting...

http://underpop.online.fr/w/watchtower-bible-and-tract-society/watchtower-society-and-medical-quackery.pdf

He was definitely into occult stuff. No wonder his false "prophecies" and their "fulfillments" were influenced by the puppetmaster behind occult stuff.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Thanks for that one EasyPrompt.

RB

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Thanks to the author of the article! It's a pleasure to be one of many many messengers shedding "light" on the JWBorg's shenanigans, isn't it!๐Ÿ˜ Jehovah of Armies can use whatever army He wants to get a job done...Babylon, Assyria, Egypt, frogs, dogs, hail, the VAA, a little guy with a slingshot, some dudes with clay pots and torches, a worm - "He Causes To Become" ๐Ÿ˜ Everybody's going to know that the JWBorg 1914 teaching is Not from Jehovah. He's the God of Truth. The WTBT$ leaders do not loyally cling to the truth.

Here was a fun little video that also summarizes a few of the "recommended medical practices" brought out in WTBT$ throughout the years...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S2g9UjO-Bk

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

There was a blog post --which, sadly I cannot find anymore-- that detailed a lot of Russell's shady business dealings and how he treated his wife. It makes him look like a snake-oil salesman. I had a very different impression of the man after reading it.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The Watchtower said it was.

The Watchtower is scripture.

Scripture is defined as "something written"

or "a body of writings considered sacred or authoritative"

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

@TonusOH, this might be one of the links...(cut-n-pasted from an earlier conversation...)

"Pages 25-27 contains testimony from a court case where Maria described C. T. Russell's ways...

https://archive.org/details/SomeFactsAndMoreFactsAboutCharlesTazeRussell/page/n29/mode/2up

The WTBT$ has a history of twisting the truth. Here is C.T. Russell's own testimony from The Watchtower, 1972, 6/15, page 384

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1972449

"...and when she desired to come back I totally refused, except upon a promise that she should make reasonable acknowledgement of the wrong course she had been pursuing for a year, and give some assurance of being a friend and not an enemy."

C.T. Russell was willing to disregard the Bible's counsel on marriage in order to cover his butt. Russell wanted Maria to lie. He wanted her to lie about his abuse problem in order to protect his image. He wouldn't let her come home unless she lied and said "oh, Charles didn't do anything wrong!" So he banished her. It's the same thing that happens today. They don't want people who bow to Jehovah; they want people who bow to the elders and who bow to the GB/FDS and bow to the WTBT$. That's why these guys want to keep the disfellowshipping doctrine the way they do. It's not to keep the congregation clean. It's not to protect kids. It's to protect their interests. It's for their own sovereignty. Their sovereignty is about to come to an end. They are supposed to be serving as brothers, not kings. "...the land is unclean, and I will bring punishment on it for its error, and the land will vomit its inhabitants out..." ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ"

• EasyPrompt
  • Gman2001
    Gman2001

Just made up along with Jesus choosing the Borg in 1919.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

In terms of a date vis-ร -vis 1914, what is the scriptural evidence for Jesusโ€™ first coming circa 2 BCE?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

EasyPrompt: this might be one of the links..

That info looks familiar, and I think it's one of the sources that the blogger used. Thank you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit