Aside from the alleged "composite Sign", what is the scriptural evidence for Christ's 1914 presence?

by Vanderhoven7 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

My take is: 1914 is not biblical since no dates are in the Bible. A hodgepodge of scriptures are ingeniously linked together; then stir in about 9 creative assumptions to arrive at a speculative theory on which to base WTS authority.

Nathan Knorr to Fred Franz

"There are some things that I know. I know that Jehovah is God, that Christ Jesus is His Son, that he gave his life as a ransom for us, that there is a resurrection.

Other things I am not so certain about. 1914 I don't know. We have talked about 1914 for a long time. We might be right and I hope we are."

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

"Aside from the alleged "composite Sign", what is the scriptural evidence for Christ's 1914 presence?"

Presence, meaning in Kingdom Power in 1914?

= Zero, Nil, Naught, Nothing, None

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

The so-called "composite sign" falls apart when the context is examined. For example...

(1) Daniel chapter 4 has nothing to do with a future fulfillment.

(2) 2 Timothy 3:1-5 is not talking about "people in the world"; it's talking about what would be happening in congregations.

(3) The plagues of Revelation including the ride of the horsemen don't occur until after the great tribulation starts. It didn't start in 1914, and it hasn't started yet.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The 7x application to 1914 and JW fulfilling Bible prophecy. Never before in human history has the meaning of the entire Bible been solved.

“As for you, Daniel, keep the words secret, and seal up the book until the time of the end. Many will rove about, and the true knowledge will become abundant.”

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Mark 10:29,30

"Jesus said: “Truly I say to you, no one has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for my sake and for the sake of the good news 30 who will not get 100 times more now in this period of time..."

Does "100 times" mean "100 years"?

No.

Matthew 13:23

"As for the one sown upon the fine soil, this is the one hearing the word and getting the sense of it, who really does bear fruit and produces, this one 100 times more, that one 60, the other 30."

Does "100 times" mean "100 years"?

No.

2 Corinthians 11:24,25

"Five times I received 40 strokes less one from the Jews, three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I experienced shipwreck"

Does "five times" mean "five years"? Does "three times" mean "three years"?

No.

In Daniel chapter 2, Daniel explains the interpretation of the dream to the king. In Daniel chapter 7, the angel explains the interpretation of the vision to Daniel. In Daniel chapter 8 and 12 it is the same. When there is a future fulfillment, Jehovah has it recorded in the Bible.

In Daniel chapter 4, nobody says "hey, Daniel, the seven times has a future fulfillment." That "future fulfillment" of the WTBT$ is make-believe. It's non-existent. There is no such thing as a "seven times" future fulfillment from Daniel chapter 4.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

dummy me bought into the composite sign...especially because of them teaching that Jesus return would happen in Oct of 1914 and peace taken from the earth...and wella! World War One....Proof enough for me being the follower and not looking beyond-WWI made it make sense. Only in the past year or so did I realize the war began months before OCT. for whatever that was worth.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

"...the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." (1 John 5:19)

It's interesting how this JWBorg Bible Study Video uses the above verse with these pictures:

They acknowledge that Satan could be behind the world wars.

Here is a verse:

"But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders..." (2 Thessalonians 2:9)

Who is behind the numerology-type 1914 doctrine stuff? The same guy who's behind the wars - God's chief enemy. When Russell and Rutherford and those guys rely on God's chief enemy for "information", who are they really representing?

"For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness." (2 Corinthians 11:13-15)

God's enemy is behind the bogus "prophecy" about 1914, and God's enemy is also behind the seeming "fulfillment".

When Russell and others relied on a spiritistic-type of fortune telling for "1914" and then that "prediction" seemed to come "true", the one really behind the "fulfillment" was the same one who was behind the "magic tricks" of fraudsters in the past.

"Now in the way that Janʹnes and Jamʹbres opposed Moses, so these also go on opposing the truth. Such men are completely corrupted in mind, disapproved as regards the faith. Nevertheless, they will make no further progress, for their folly will be very plain to all, as it was with those two men." (2 Timothy 3:8,9)

At this point, it's very clear the supposed "we're in the last days since 1914" teaching is a bad joke. The GB/FDS are totally asleep. They think Jesus came into kingdom power in 1914, so now they're not awake to "greet" him. Jesus made it clear that nobody would be able to calculate ahead of time the year he takes kingdom power in heaven.

"Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming." (Matthew 24:42)

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah is a GOD of love ?

Yet he allows his opposer to be the god of this world for thousands of years to cause death and misery to all of humanity ,and does nothing to stop it , put an end to it.

He doesn`t sound like a GOD of love to me.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

Well, He's obviously been patient with you, even though you slander Him. I'd say that's loving.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Let us not forget the sewing machine and the steam locomotive, as pointed out by the venereal Judge Rutherford.

I think the discovery of a stable isotope of element 115 will be announced soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit