The Re-Opening of the Kingdom Halls

by LetTheTruthBeKnown 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I have no idea if they will re-open the Kingdom halls or not, but one thing I am sure of is;

"All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive,

Whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Doc, I know that online donations have been encouraged to be automated according to my family.

I guess it would take a little more effort to call the bank and de-automate a payment than to just not send one in.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I don`t think donations would be down if the WT went to strictly being televised on-line whatever .

Look at the successful televangelists like Joyce Mayer ,Jimmy Swaggert , W.W. church Of God and a bunch of others that do quite well raking in the dough worldwide.

They would rake in many more Millions$$$$$$ by now selling off all or most of their real estate they have.

They must know and I`m sure their lawyers know they are living on borrowed time with their Armageddon / Great Tribulation predictions .

Their window for cashing in on there options is closing.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Forgive me for not finding the actual quote, but tbey said in a letter to the U k elders , a little while back, that the K .Halls would stay closed for as long as it takes...... no matter if the authorities said o k to open.

with the covid numbers rising again, I don't see them opening any time soon.

Yippee!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LETTHETRUTHBKNOW:

I think they simply want to sell off as many kingdom halls as they can and Covid provides them with a perfect excuse to do so.

I could be wrong, but it appears to me (as an ex-JW observer) that the religion is going almost totally online..Possibly at some point they might have a large meeting in some rented convention hall maybe a few times a year.

So, it seems to be goodbye to the old way of Witness life with the hall and meetings. Gone is also that In Person association.

BUT, nobody counted on this: The brothers might have to make cold calls in the community to ask for money for ‘needy’ persons in the hall:..pioneers who ‘didn’t count the cost’; people who didn’t plan for retirement because they were told ‘they didn’t need to’; plus fired bethelites sent home, etc.

There is no physical hall with warm bodies to go up TO with an envelope looking for money! Those good old fashioned days are gone. And I don’t think Zoom is going to cut it.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

My mother can't stand it. She is just jonesing for her twice weekly fix and even more often if you count field service.

She just cannot wait until the all clear is given to go back to the JW hive.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think more use of assembly halls could ensue--especially in area with several Khs, for instance--forget public talks--total waste of time. just the watchtower study. An assembly hall could easily accommodate six or more different congregations over the weekend. just make the dubs travel a bit further. or just one great big congregation. still keep the zoom hook up for those unable to get there.

there--fixed it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together, . . . even more so as the end draws [very, very, very] near. . ." unless of course their is "unexpected" disease in the Time of The End.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Mormons are back in church now. Don’t know if this is in general, or just locally. They do tend to have larger buildings than JWs (and fewer people too) which might make it easier for them than JWs. A few Unitarian churches are back in church, but most are not. A few Christadelphian groups are meeting in homes, but not at meeting places, as far as I know. Fraternals now take place online. Quakers planned to go back on a trial basis (with limited numbers) last week, but abandoned it at the last minute. They say they will try again in a few weeks. Not sure what the Church of Scotland is up to, but many churches adapted well to Zoom and online broadcasts, so may be reluctant to return. Not sure what SDAs are up to because I lost touch with them after my Adventist friend died last year. Would be interested to know what Christian Scientists, Swedenborgians and the Iglesia ni Cristo did over the pandemic, but I lost touch with them too. Come to think of it, an Iglesia ni Cristo service on Zoom would have been interesting to watch!

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

My very advanced in age JW relatives say they (the figureheads of the bORG) just can't wait for older folks not knowledgeable of the internet to die off so "they can go all electric", as they put it,

Maybe they are painting to dark a picture?

BITB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit