All this speculation.....

by pontoon 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pontoon
    pontoon

Here's mine..

Wat Corp is flush with money. There product is a hope--obey us and God might let you live. GB knows they can say and change beliefs,doctrine, twist scripture without losing more then they gain. Good example is 1975. Wat corp is bigger now then it was then. Now the mag reduction---witnesses are loving it. Corp has successfully changed from a huge printing operation to a huge internet and media real estate operation, all state of the art. Like other successful corporations Wat reinvents, adjusts, adapts it's business to keep the $$$$ rolling in. Most positive cash flow is from the properties (KH's & Assem Halls) around the world that local people pay to build, maintain, and then pay the corporation for the privilege to use it. Still buying high end properties around here in Hudson valley. GB are not dumb and stupid like so many think, they are devious geniuses. Not everyone in the corp works for free, they have some very smart attorneys, real estate people, IT, design engineers that were offered substantial "packages". to work full time for the corp. Staff reductions are because of reduction in printing, shipping, warehousing, and everything that goes along with such a huge printing business they use to do. High end housing complex overlooking the Hudson River is full of people working, probably keeping track of their multi million dollar money flow. I first got suspicious of the corp years ago when they had us stop doing the local accounts report once a month at the Kingdom Halls. Wouldn't be surprised if the GB and some other heavyweights receive financial compensation from the corp. Obvious the main focus of the GB is not preaching, if it was they would be doing what Jesus did, not sitting on their asses admiring the view of the lake.

• Tallon
    Tallon

To my mind, the Org must go down as one of the biggest cons in history!

• sir82
    sir82

To my mind, the Org must go down as one of the biggest cons in history!

Oh I dunno, there are plenty - thousands - of religious organizations that pretty much follow the same model.

JWs are just one flavor of religious con. Plenty of others have been at it for a lot longer and are even more successful.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

The lifestyle of the GB is a billionaire's lifestyle, perhaps even better. Take a look at any cult leader and their lifestyle. They are in want of nothing.

Perhaps the GB members do not spend much time on yachts or in 20,000 square foot mansions, but they do have assistants to do EVERYTHING for them. When they travel, they travel with an entourage. Permanent bag boy, waiter, attendant. Typically a helper couple is assigned to fly with the GB couple wherever they go. They are there for their "safety and comfort", but anyone can see they end up doing the GB couple's "bidding".

Imagine handpicked helpers/assistants that surround the GB. These folks believe they are hanging around a guy that GOD whispers to.

When I think about it, I don't think even Bill Gates can his hired staff of assistants to do things with the zeal that any JW would do for a GB member.

They don't personally possess a billion dollars each, but they don't need to.

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, for a certain subset of the population, power and adulation are far more valuable than money.

The GB love to be worshipped. They don't have lots of money exclusively their own, but they do enjoy virtually everything that such money could buy them, so what's the difference?

They are treated like, and live like, literal kings, really.

How much money does, say, the King of Spain have in his personal checking account? Does he even have a checking account?

But he does live a life in which he can have virtually whatever he wants, when he wants it.

Fly to Tahiti? OK. Prefer to eat quail instead of pheasant tonight? OK. Oh, my shirt has a stain - here, servant, go clean it. OK.

What is different about the GB lifestyle?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

GB are not dumb and stupid like so many think, they are devious geniuses.

I don't think the GB get any of the credit. They really are as stupid as so many think. Just watch JW Broadcasting.

Not everyone in the corp works for free, they have some very smart attorneys, real estate people, IT, design engineers that were offered substantial "packages". to work full time for the corp.

Now you're more on target. The brains are in the Legal Dept and at Corporate.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Everyone thinks they're going down the tubes toward financial insolvency but I too think they're flush with cash. I look at all of the measures they've taken as ways to fatten their wallets and think that they could cover any sexual abuse lawsuits without it making a dent. I know we all want to see them crash and burn and hope that finances bring them down but I personally don't see it.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Awash with cash, yet retaining charitable status. Stinks.

• pontoon
    pontoon

Whoever says the GB are dumb, no matter what they say millions are waiting for their next utterance and thousands of congregations keep crediting the corps account.

• Magnum
    Magnum

"GB are not dumb and stupid like so many think, they are devious geniuses."

I don't think so; I agree with DesirousOfChange.

I think the GB are dumb as rocks. If there are any smart ones at headquarters, I believe they are in the background running things.

"Not everyone in the corp works for free, they have some very smart attorneys, real estate people, IT, design engineers that were offered substantial "packages". to work full time for the corp."

Do you know this for sure? If it's true, then I'm going to be even more pissed off than I am now. I gave up educational and career opportunities for a life of denial and suffering. And, possibly, they're rewarding people who pursued such opportunities?????

And about the cash thing... well, I really don't know, but I still lean towards thinking they're having problems. They've taken some drastic measures lately - the congregation money grab, begging on the broadcasts, the inexplicable construction halt, etc. To me, those measures indicate that either they're having problems or they know they're done as a growing religion and they're planning for long-term survival.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit