Is the Bethel Farm in Wallkill Co. still there?

by Etude 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Etude
    Etude

I've been out of this loop (or any other) for a while. Can someone tell me if the Bethel Farm facilities are still there in Wallkill County, NY? I was there for about a year. I've often thought of going by to see what hell I went through.

Etude.

• fulano
    fulano

Hi, I don’t know for sure, I can’t answer your question but I think yes, as I have a telephone directory from 2017. When did you work there?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Fulano, read his profile! :)

• zachias
    zachias

What hell did you go through if I may ask.?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is still there .. alive and printing according to their official website. You may download a tour brochure although tours are suspended during Covid.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Yes, as BB stated, it is still there. Whether they do any 'farming' anymore I don't know, but there is still some printing done there.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

It is still there, but any "farming" is long since over, especially since the EPA made them clean up all of the toxic waste they deliberately spread a few years back. (stupid asses!)

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Etude we'd love to hear some of your story!! Someone should start a watchtower history podcast for those of us too old and ugly to appear on camera😂(I know, I know....speak for yourself Dio...)

NB I know there's an excellent you tube channel run by two historians/Watchtower buffs but it is less 'personal experience' and more 'academic' history.

• fulano
    fulano

Ok thanks Lamallcool

• Etude
    Etude

Thanks everyone. I had the best days of my life and the worse days of my life there. The Bethel bureaucracy took a large part for my heartaches. But, aside from meeting some great people, I encountered some of the biggest assholes created by God.

I was greatly disappointed by well-intended humans for the sake of the rules even though it was obvious to us both they were not fair. While there, the change came to not enforce a 4-year stay but only give promised service for one year. By then I had out in nearly 2 1/2 years. I left bitter and disappointed. I’ll write about some of the issues I face later on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit