Epilsepy may B sign of demon possession

by badboy 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I am now med free and have had only one seizure this year. That happened at the Panama City Beach apostafest.

That's Jehover's way of saying you're hanging out with a bad crowd.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{{Robyn}}} You too....that must be why we get along so well!

The meds do suck. I have been on the same thing for 15 years now. All have similar side effects and show up as barbituates on drug tests. That is when it becomes necessary to tell an employer....so far all have been ok with it...I don't think they understand at first, do research and realize I am not nuts.

I can also drive because I have only had mine at night. At least when I wake up and my hair is standing on end (from thrashing and sweating then drying into very bad *bedhead*) I am in my bed and not on the floor of a store or at work. That would suck.

My docs cannot figure out a reason either. However, I have had 7 concussions and they used forceps at birth which could have caused a head injury. I, too, have had every test and they all come back inconclusive.

I hope you are felling better. The Epilepsy foundation website has a discussion board and there are some great questions and answers. The people on it are like here...all have a common bond and are trying to help each other.

Hugs,

Tina

• zucker
    zucker

wt 5/1/03 Questions From Readers:

However, on an earlier occasion when crowds of suffering people were brought to Jesus for healing, these included some were "demon-possessed and epileptic" (italics theirs) (Mathew 4:24) Evidently, it was recognized that some epileptics were not demon possessed.

Doesn't it seem odd that the wt can claim that Matthew understood that not all epileptics were demon possessed by the one word and? How do they know that he wasn't just listing the problems the boy had? Basically, their is no way to prove if Matthew was saying that epilepsy was always caused by demons or not. But I get it! If you look closer you will find something neat!

Evidently, it was recognized that some epileptics were not demon possessed.

With evidently you can say something and not really need to give proof of what you just said. The statement becomes its known reason.

zucker

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Evidently, it was recognized that some epileptics were not demon possessed.

Some being the key word. How stupid!! One of the websites, that lists all the famous people with epilepsy, talks about Jesus and his supposed *healing*.

If you have a seizure, it is going to be over in 1-2 minutes...longer and you could/probably will die. With not having meds, the likelyhood that someone had many seizures everyday is high.

You, trying to help your child, hear of this man who can heal people. You bring your kid, who from the stress of knowing he/she is causing probs for mom and dad, starts having a seizure. Lo and behold, Jesus puts his hands on you. Your seizure ends and everyone is in awe that this man *cured* this child. Problem is the kid will have another.

Demon possession has nothing to do with epilepsy. People that have a seizure disorder do not have weak minds that will let demons in.

They have a bad wiring job somewhere in their brain....sometimes it misfires, like a car backfiring.

This is unbelievale. I need a scan of the front page of the mag and the page showing this question and quote. Please....

• breal
    breal

I know a witness who had seizures brought on by post traumatic stress combined with head injury. The elders counseled her parents to get rid of all possessions that were not from other witnesses (especially from non-witness family members that were into unscriptural practices). Funny thing is the parents kept a car that was given to them by the same non-witness family member... The seizures did not go away even after all her “demonized” possessions were removed... perhaps it was the car after all! Too bad they don't give any thought to how this makes someone who has a medical condition feel.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Teenyuck, you got mail.

Expatbrit

• expatbrit
  • teenyuck
    teenyuck

Thank You!! Thank You, Expat!!!

I have to call my mom on this....she is going to have to discuss this....I just got her on the epilepsy website to read and understand....15 years after it started.

I will send this to the local and national chapters, asking that they address this type of misinformation on their websites.

I really appreciate your efforts and as soon as I hear back (assuming I will) I will post a response.

I think I will go to the epilepsy DB and post this question and see what type of response I get. It will be interesting to see what others think of this line of reasoning.

Tina

• badboy
    badboy

Expat,U got there B4 me,I brought the magazine in 2 `work'.

I ts in the WHAT WOULD LIKE 2 ASK GOD? MAY 1 2003 WT.

Any evidence 2 support their idea,any1?

I feel a bit lazy 2 do a bit of research!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit