Christians force Wal-mart to ban British 'lad mags'

by ignored_one 31 Replies latest social current

• COMF
    COMF
    Does it mean in some parts of the US men will have to go without the '100 hottest women" issue?

Never mind telling me what to read. I hate people telling me who the hot women are. They're invariably way off.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Never mind telling me what to read. I hate people telling me who the hot women are. They're invariably way off.

Heh, heh, heh! Like the Britney Spiers (or however she's spelt) obsession on this board, eh COMF? Electra rocks!

• COMF
    COMF

Tell it on out, Reverend Seph, tell it, tell it! Dass sho right, mm hmm, sho is!

• Jayson
    Jayson

Jay looks and Comf's pic post covers his face and screams

<My eyes! Oh God! My eyes!>

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

No worries, Jayson! They grow 'em big in Texas (thank goodness!).

PS, great pic, COMF!

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Christians,....what Christians? Better ask the old boys in NY. See if it is ok to use the word "Christians".

• Jayson
    Jayson

Hey just thought I comment that I see these mags everywhere now. Just tell an American that they can't have something. Best adverts you can have.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

In the wake of everything else going on in other threads on this board, I completely forgot about this one.

I do find merit in some of NeonMadman's comments. A retailer does reserve the right to sell or market whatever products they wish.

I however have a problem with the hypocrisy of their actions. For a retail store to impose it's religious beliefs on consumers is improper IMHO. To state "Christian" reasons for removing a product is also inappropriate. Especially if the administration of their "Christian" rationale is not evenly distributed.

So what is my recourse? I can choose to not support their business and do my shopping elsewhere, but I also have the right to comment on their two-faced practices.

Wal-Mart removes Maxim and other "racy" men's magazines while it leaves Seventeen and Cosmopolitan on the shelves. These magazines frequently have scantily clad women on the covers discussing sex, but then again I suppose this is acceptable by their "Christian" reasoning for dictating what magazines are acceptable to sell.

Firearms. I suppose it is Wal-Mart's Christian belief that everyone should own a gun also? You can't buy men's magazines at Wal-Mart, but you can buy Seventeen or Cosmopolitan with naked women on the front discussing sex or buy a rifle to blow someone's brain out.

Oh please.

• Jayson
    Jayson

Careful reborn. They will kick your ass around here for supporting a boycott.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

They sure make it a point to keep a large prominent display of those fundy "Left Behind" books, at least here in good ol' Ohio. Barf, I avoid shopping at Wal-Mart like the plague. I don't know how much longer I'll have a choice though, they're freaking taking over. Columbus Ohio residents - SHOP JEWISH-OWNED MEIJER! Keep the $$ out of the hands of the Christian Right utopian dreamers! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit