Christians force Wal-mart to ban British 'lad mags'

by ignored_one 31 Replies latest social current

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/story.jsp?story=403863

Eugh. I hate the idea of someone decided what I can and can't read. Reminds me too much of the WT.

Does it mean in some parts of the US men will have to go without the '100 hottest women" issue?

Ignored One.

(Sorry couldn't get the page to embed)

• badboy
    badboy

IGNORED ONE,I C NOTHING.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Try now.

Ignored One.

• badboy
    badboy

Thanks,They can now C what was been posted about.

• Matty
    Matty

You can still go to WalMart to buy a gun to blow someone's brains out of course.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

It's never been that kind of blowing that the Christians have got all bothered about, Matty.

Expatbrit

• Matty
    Matty

No I guess not, good one expat!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

The article says:

The Magazine Publishers of America, an industry trade group, said it believes "that, in this free society, consumers should have the freedom to decide for themselves what they want to purchase."

I guess, though, that in this free society, retailers shouldn't have the freedom to decide for themselves what they wish to sell?

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Publically traded companies have a responsibility towards free society. WalMart has long had a Christian agenda. It's very obvious. The best thing, of course, would be to fight back and shop at a locally owned, but that is easier to talk about then to do. I shop the place, so I really can't complain as much as I'd like to.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Dumbasses. Leave us our Maxim and control your own miserable kids.

Gotta love the christian right in america.

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit