Court confirms:--Severe Criticism of Jehovah's Witnesses is Justified!

by Atlantis 47 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Thank you!

• zahoots
    zahoots

Big Thanks Petra!

• cofty
    cofty

Excellent!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Huge thanks Petra ! and a "virtual" Hug !

This is example of where the Org. would have been well advised to leave well alone, and let the matter slide in to obscurity, now it will make News in the Main Stream Media and Social Media I hope ! Do your bit ! Share !

I posited the idea on another Thread that the In House Lawyers advising the Org. are probably not very good, that probably they have grown up in the org, and not really had much experience in fighting Cases for clients in the real World. Anybody know the background of one or more of these shadowy folk ?

The Lawyers engaged in Switzerland may have warned that the likelihood of losing was high, but the Org ploughed on anyway. Case after Case seems to be going where it should these days, against them !

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have just speed read the Doc. Amazing !!! It says that now Austria and Germany will have to review how they view the JW org. And it deals admirably with the problem of the Disfellowshipping practice, but also with the matter of Blood Transfusions !

On DFing , it makes the point that has not been made in Court so plainly before, that it goes against the Human Rights enshrined in Law for the benefit of you, I and DF'd people.

I think this is HUGE and "has legs" !

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This is a true statement of the situation and utterly damning when spelled out like this. The very fact that Watchtower usually try to deny these practices in court, rather than defend them, is it itself demonstration that they are ashamed to own the consequences of their own policies.

Shunning (ostracism) Baptized members of Jehovah's Witnesses who turn away from the faith or break rules are expelled from the community. Other Jehovah's Witnesses may no longer have contact with them or even acknowledge them. This also applies to close family members. Those affected often lose all of their loved ones at once, including those closest to them: parents, children, siblings, partners, grandparents, and friends. Ostracized persons often learn about the marriage, birth or death of their closest relatives from third parties. Today, children are often baptized at the age of 11 or younger. After that, they can no longer freely decide how they want to live and what they want to believe in -because otherwise they will lose their family and loved ones
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

I wish this press release / article could be spread around the world and taken up by other media outlets.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" I wish this press release / article could be spread around the world and taken up by other media outlets."

The more of us that do this the better, it will show there is huge Public Interest.

Send to Agencies like Reuters, and to the Religious Affairs staff at popular and reputable newspapers, it may go against the grain to deal with The Daily Rag or whatever, but that is more likely to be read by JW's, the more Reputable papers are likely to be read by professionals. Get ACTIVE Folks, on Social media too !

When writing to such places, attach the Media Release Link, or better still the PDF, in the first Post on this Thread.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Many excellent point made! Thank you very much for posting this.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Amazing, insightful piece of work! Psychological violence against children! That’s my childhood in a nutshell! Thank you for posting this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit