If You Could Tell A Prospective Jehovah’s Witness Something What Would It Be?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Any words of wisdom??

• minimus
    minimus

I’d say don’t waste your time on something that really is untrue. Enjoy your life while you can.👍

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

What does it mean when you answer their second baptism question in the affirmative:

(2) “Do you understand that your baptism identifies you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with Jehovah’s organization?”

What happens when you realize that it means:

I understand that ...being identified as on of JW's in association with J's Organization" means I give control of my thinking and opinions to the Watchtower leaders and they may cut off my association with EVERYONE I KNOW if I disagree with them or develop my own opinion on ANY matter. I will eat what they say, I will do as they say and I will think what they want under threat of isolation for the rest of my life.

Jesus never included a threat of censure when he said to be baptized in the name of the Father, the son and the Holy Spirit. Think about it.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    If you do not do some objective research outside the organizational approval list, you will be following what is defined as a classic mind control tactic of a mind control group. Prove it to yourself before changing your lifes associations forever,(including your family.) The organization has created great damage in my own marriage, and that damage was done by information/direction given by the JW to the person studying to be baptised.
  • blondie
    blondie

I told 2 prospective jws (not children of jws) when they came to me concerned about their treatment by their "teacher" and others at the KH. Without going into detail, I wondered where those jws heads were (can you guess). I asked them if they thought Jesus would have treated them that way. No, they said. Then leave while you can and look for people who do. I asked them if they had friends and family that weren't jws that would help and support them. I said those are the people you should draw close to and do not give them because jws tell you too.

They stopped studying and having any contact with those people. They found jobs at another university and with their spouses moved there and were very happy and forearmed not to get involved with jws again. I have kept up correspondence with them and they are still very happy and are glad for me that I could leave.

That was about 5 years before I finally left. So many bible students terminated their studies indirectly and unknown by other jws because of me, that some called me the Terminator in jest.

It is like any plant, you have to get to the weeds and other noxious pests early.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Should a prospective Mormon avoid asking former Mormons or outside sources what's wrong with becoming a Mormon, or should he just read Mormon-approved materials and trust that they have 'the truth'?"

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

If you were about to purchase a new car ( ie: Ford) and the Ford dealer warned you not to look at other vehicle makes or to read about or believe any information about Ford vehicles unless it came from them, you'd likely be very suspicious. For fear that they were trying to hide something, you might even make of point of going out and doing exactly what they said not to do.

If you were to be that careful about the purchase of a car, why would you not thoroughly research from outside sources a religion that you're about to join and hear what others have to say about it, especially if you believe your eternal life is at stake?

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Please research this organization from outside sources, and direct them to JWfacts.com.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

RUN ! !

• zeb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit