• overlap_great.crowd
    overlap_great.crowd

Hi,

Happy to have people like you Atlantis, its a blessing,

Take care

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

overlap_great.crowd:

Thank you! Every person on this board is a blessing. It takes teamwork!

Atlantis!

• LV101
    LV101

Thanks, Atlantis - appreciate!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

LV101:

You are very welcome!

Atlantis!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

hoser

hoser11 hours ago
    I call bullshit on the 20,000 deaths as well. Statistically being one of Jehovah’s witnesses puts you at a higher risk for respiratory illness. Unless many had a secret cigarette smoking habit and never got caught.

The reason Jehovah's witnesses have a higher rate of respiratory illnesses (and I don't doubt a higher rate for heart disease, diabetes, osteoarthritis and probably certain types of preventable cancers) is explained by evolutionary medicine.

The problem is Watchtower's historical aversion to sports and any form of regular exercise that takes time away from the organization.

Exercise in youth lays down bone mass which is a preventative in osteoarthritis. Exercise helps prevent respiratory illnesses, heart disease and diabetes. Exercise and maintaining healthy weight lowers risk of some forms of cancer (colorectal, uterine and breast for eg).

I think, given their demographic, 20,000 deaths out of 8 million JWs sounds a more than reasonable number.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I'll also add modern witnesses count time standing by a trolley or, now, writing letters. Whereas the older generation's dedication to the house to house ministry, and the amount of walking that entailed, served as a balance for their otherwise sedentary lifestyle. Driven by Watchtower's aversion to exercise, I believe this walking was a preventative for the diseases I mentioned so prevalent among modern JWs.

Atlantis what do you think? I know you've seen many changes yourself....have you noticed that the old style witness was lithe and long lived, the more recent witness obese and depressed??

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Diogenesister:

Very interesting! Thank you! I know that when I get some exercise I feel much better and I feel like doing more. (That reminds me that I need to mow the grass.)

Atlantis!

• arwen
    arwen

My heartfelt thanks as well.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

arwen:

Hi there arwen! Good to hear from you! Stay safe because we need you!

Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit