Will paradise be like a 24/7 Disneyland vacation package?

by Sour Grapes 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I was thinking about the JDub paradise this morning and all of the pictures in the Watchtower Company's literature illustrating the New System of Things.

Here is a partial list of what you see in the pictures:

Pet pandas, lions, elephants

People always on a picnic with lots of beautiful fruits and vegetables

Beautiful weather

Nice homes in the background with smoke rolling out of the chimney

Well made clothing

Hand tools for farming

Winding roads up through the mountains

Here is what you don't see:

Big piles of crap from the pandas, lions, and elephants (who will the elders appoint to be the official pooper scoopers?)

Garbage cans for corn cobs, watermelon rinds, etc

Cold winter days or rainy days. (there will have to be cold winter climates unless god goes back to the preflood days and puts a water canopy around the earth to have the greenhouse effect)

The inside of the pretty houses. (Maybe because there is no electricity, no gas or electric stoves, inside toilets, furnaces, air conditioners, computers, or Kingdom IPads. (There will have to be several fireplaces in each house for heat. I was never good at chopping down trees and splitting logs for the fireplace and cleaning out the ashes)

Did I see any sewing machines to make all of the pretty clothes? I don't think that JC Penney or Walmarts will survive into the New System. Sisters get out your needles and thread, (who is going to make needles?)

Who makes all of the hand tools for farming. JDubs may think there will be big tractors for farming, so why don't the pictures show dirty foundries that make the castings for the tractors or the big mining sites to dig the iron ore out of the ground for the castings? Not to mention who is going to drill the oil wells and run the refineries to distill the oil into gasoline or diesel fuel? Maybe we should just stick with the hand tools. Men, women, and children will need to be working the fields with the hand tools day and night in order to feed the survivors of the Big A and the billions of people who will be resurrected.

I have never seen any cars on the nice windy roads so there is going to be a lot of walking or maybe riding horses or horse-pulled wagons. (No hurry to get anywhere because we have forever to get there)

If there are big factories in paradise who is going to run them? I can guarantee you it won't be women or ministerial servants. In paradise, everyone who works in the steel mills, foundries, oil refineries, electric power plants, will want to set their own time schedule because after all, it is paradise. They want to go on picnics, play with the pandas and ride the elephants running around loose through the backyards and fields trampling down the corn and watermelon plants you spent two weeks planting.. (Maybe we should just forget about the big factories and just stick with the blacksmiths making the handtools, that makes it so much easier to think about)

The more I think about it, I really don't want to go back in time 200 years and have elders tell me what I can and can't do. I think that I will just pass on Paradise and enjoy the life that I now have and not live for the future paradise fairytale.

Sour Grapes

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Would the WTS have grown as it did without the imposition of fear of Armageddon and the possibility of a earthly paradise ?

Probably not and from the perspective of literature proliferation, it also made for great allurement to the literature the WTS published.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

You know what I used to think about? How you were going to get rid of the piles of leftover concrete/glass/metal from the cities.

For clothing, I figured that after Armaggedon, all the sisters would rush to the stores and stockpile clothes and shoes. Couldn't god make the clothing last like he did with the Israelites in the wilderness? Afterwards, you would have to wait for a cow to drop down dead so that you could make leather.

But in the far far future, I imagined that the human brain would be able to come up with eco friendly hover devices. There would be geniuses resurrected to help out and angels to say No to the damaging stuff.

But really, unless you garden or produce the everyday items by hand, you wouldn't know how time consuming they are to make. Hey eternity is a long time to figure it out.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Good heavens, NO. You could be shunned over there too.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Allow me to say "thanks, but NO THANKS" to Jehovah's Witnesses New World. Can you imagine how much waste(s*it) do everlasting humans being would produce? Now imagine that you are assigned to be a latrine cleaner for several centuries. According to JW's you could be assigned to do a work that you don't like. How happy can you be doing something that you don't want to do, especially for an eternity?

The Watchtower—Study Edition | August 2015

A couple in Paradise talk about their future house

Prepare Now for Life in the New World

6 It will be a pleasure to be under Jehovah’s arrangements in the new world as we work toward beautifying the earth, teaching resurrected ones, and doing Jehovah’s will for mankind. But what if we were directed to perform a particular aspect of the work that did not appeal to us? Would we submit to that direction by doing our best to carry out and even enjoy our assignment? Most of us would answer yes! Consistently, then, are we submitting to theocratic direction now? If we are doing so, we are preparing for everlasting life under Jehovah’s rulership.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

"Would we submit to the direction by doing our best to carry out and even enjoy our assignment". Brother Jim your assignment, clean our out houses (toilets) at Bethel(GB)...You must dig a hole and dump our waste and burn it daily. It will be a privilege for you to take care of our sh---t.....Jehovah will bless you.......

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I can't imagine people like the puffy looking Gibbering Booty, who have never worked a day in their life's unless you call pioneering work, and window washer elders running Paradise. No doubt there will be minimum hourly requirements with the chores they hand out and you will need to turn in your monthly timeslips. If you don't get your hours you get kicked down a rung to maybe being pooper scoopers or washing pillows at Paradise Head Quarters.

It will take maybe 300 to 400 years to make the earth a paradise then at the end of the 1,000 years it starts all over again with the final test when there will be so many enemies of God on the earth their number will be like the grains of sand. Revelation 20:8 "He will go out to deceive the nations--called Gog and Magog--in every corner of the earth. He will gather them together for battle--a mighty army, as numberless as sand along the seashore."

Now if you are faithful thru that test you will get everlasting life.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    The more I think about it, I really don't want to go back in time 200 years and have elders tell me what I can and can't do. I think that I will just pass on Paradise and enjoy the life that I now have and not live for the future paradise fairytale.

We studied many books which told us exactly what we needed to do if we survived Armageddon. First, birds would eat many of the billions of the dead and that the survivors would have to bury all the human remains and bones. After the cleanup, there was much work to be done.

The dead would be resurrected and we would still need to preach, teach, and help these newly resurrected with Bible studies. We would still need to attend weekly Kingdom Hall meetings with elders directing all the work.( I can't imagine all the new rules, regulations and burdens placed on every survivor)

Then after you survived Armageddon, ( if that wasn't enough ), Satan would still be alive ( why hasn't Jehovah killed him yet ) to tempt you and the newly resurrected for 1000 years. If you became unfaithful in that time, Jehovah would punish you with the ''second death.''

I DON'T THINK THE NEW SYSTEM MADE ANY SENSE!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Now if you are faithful thru that test you will get everlasting life.

Well at least until the NEXT test! I am pretty sure there will be some "nulite" about THAT!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

will the dubs still go door knocking in the new system ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit