One of the best vid's I've ever seen for debunking and disproving Jehovah's Witnesses

by StoneWall 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

As some of you know I'm not a religious person at all after leaving the JW's but there was a link on another site I was on and the link was to a Pastor's vid. (about exposing JW's as false prophets etc)
    Being that I'm not at all interested in hearing a sermon, I was going to just leave the site and continue researching some other stuff but then curiosity made me wonder if he truly knew anything about JW's or was just going to be another religious leader downing JW's in an effort to make his version of the "gospel" sound more appealing.
    I have to admit i was pleasantly surprised at the extent of his knowledge of scripture that JW's like to use as well as the history behind the organization. Many of the points he brought out we've covered here before and he arranged them in an easy to understand and follow sequence.
    I'd be interested in hearing what some of you think on the job he did on exposing the JW's(WT)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3o56JwgBJk

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

9 minutes in and I gave up.

Nothing new and it's the usual religious BS.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

what is the theme of the vid?, I'm not going to waste an hour

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I don't need to be crass to express my point, which is, personally I don't need any other person or institution (religious or otherwise) to tell me that the JWs are full of it. I can't care less about the bible, so knowing what it says and using it to disprove what another person or organization says is not something I find relevant.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Not sure why the second part of my post was edited out, so I'm posting it again. As I said, however, I see that something like that speaks to people who believe and rely on the bible believes. This may be useful for those looking for alternatives or questioning their faiths.

• zeb
    zeb

no sound?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Interesting Video, thank you for posting it.

I hadn't made the connection before between taking on the name Jehovah's Witnesses and wanting to distance themselves from C.T. Russell. Like everything else, they put their own spin on that change.

It's interesting to hear him encourage his audience to do research on the internet rather than telling them to take his word for everything. In the beginning he didn't forbid them from talking to JW's even though he considers them to be false prophets, saying "If you ever have a discussion with one of them". But later he said not to take the literature or greet them, but eventually said to bring the gospel to them.

My JW trained brain won't accept his view of the Trinity. I don't believe anything Bible related anymore and immediately become suspicious when anyone starts stringing together connect the dot scriptures to explain anything, but the JW version of the Trinity seems to be the only one I can wrap my mind around.

To me, he lost all of his credibility at the end of the video.

• Nellis
    Nellis

Pete, does this mean that you are praying for all people who do not believe exactly what you do to die as all JW are doing? And with that, do you, aside from the false prophesies believe that it is morally acceptable to wish for al people to be burned in Jehovah]s fire.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Only of interest from 7 minutes in but it was interesting to hear an objective outsider view of the history and teachings of the JWs.

• Nellis
    Nellis

There are thousands of these videos out there, all one has to do is look. That said JW's are not allowed to look, so they will never see the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit