To the poster named "INTEG"

by LDH 11 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Please don't feel unappreciated. Please don't leave.

I, for one, haven't even seen any of your posts except the one Minimus started called "Are you bitter?"

I noticed that you had only 34 posts since January. That is rarely enough posts for us to learn how to spell your name! I have only limited time, I rarely get to read even 10% of the posts. I don't even remember seeing any of your posts, and I have a darn good memory.

One way to become a real "part" of the forum is by doing a "Hello, I'm new here" thread. I'm not sure, have you done that yet?

Why not tell us a little about yourself (only reveal what you feel is safe).

Please don't take the Martyr position. For many years before you even found this board there have been people who posed as sincere, honest people and then we found out that they were lying. They hurt many posters. We call them Trolls. Most of the Trolls are "Newbies." We have a right to be a little distrustful of "Newbies."

I promise, stick it out, get to know some of the other posters and you will soon be feeling like one of the gang.

Welcome, I'm sorry you were feeling ignored.

Lisa

Stick Around Class

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Ditto LDH

When I first came here I felt the same way you do - ignored. I think some people are wary of newcomers because there have literally been hundreds of newbies that post a few times and then disappear. This place turned out to be a lifesaver for me. Please stick around. Email me if you'd like: [email protected].

Love-

Bridget

• LDH
    LDH

BTTT......

Hoping for a response from Integ.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Integ

I know a couple of people who feel ignored. One in particular has sworn off the forum because she feels no one cares about her.

Personally I feel the only problem with this board is the size. There are so many people it's easy to get lost. But LDH is right, stick around and especially introduce yourself and people will notice. Give us some time and a chance to get to know you.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I may be a newbie but I swear I AM NOT A TROLL

• Nomad Soul
    Nomad Soul

I'm not a troll Either.

I'm ignored too. But since I can't keep up with the forum, I understand why other people don't read my posts, or even bothered responding (besides that they're dull, hehehe.)

But it's nice to meet people who have the something in common.

• onacruse
    onacruse

integ and Nomad:

I read probably 50 posts for every one to which I respond. And that's on a good day

For me, the main thing is to post what has value to you. If others respond, so much the better. But, in any case, you've laid out your feelings, and others (quasi-lurkers like me ) suck up your life-juices.

Craig

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Francois:

I agree I KNOW I reached so many in my class, you could see the kids just pulling for me to get through it. I was wheezing so bad but I guess only I heard it. LOL But, Pathos is something all speeches are supposed to have mine was to a major degree.

I am really tired of being the idiot that let her life be f****** by the dub's. As you said we need to pool this combined rage to constructively reach others. Ghandi was right. I also think that their glass house shouldn't be so darn hard to shatter if we all try really hard.

Thanks you so much Francois and Manon

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

The more you post, the better the people here get to know you.

Who get's the most responses on this board? The people with 1000+++ posts. Why? Because they have been around here forever. They have posted on almost any subject presented here and the other posters have gotten to know them very well.

Newbies with less than 100 posts, well, were just beginning to get to know you. True, some people come onto this board with a bang, and immediatly get lots of responses to their posts. But usually they start out by saying something controversal (SP?) and the responses they get from some are less than friendly. For example, if someone comes on here after a couple of posts and starts calling us a bunch of no good apostates, well, guess what kind of response they are going to get. We even had one poster come on here and asked people to send him money only after a handful of posts. Needless to say, the poster was blasted and pretty much called a con artist and worse. Most people would have ran away screaming and running from this board. But, that poster is still on here posting away on various topics. Why? Because people got to know that poster and started posting on various different topics.

I think many of us feel ignored at one time or another. Heck, I have almost 400 posts, and a lot of the regular posters don't even know who the heck I am. Plus, with over 2500 pages of active topics, not every comment can be addressed. Just remember, what you are feeling is very common, particularly among newbies. Keep posting if you wish. You'll get responses. Heck, you even got a thread dedicated to YOU. (And, it wasn't started by one of our many trolls). How many people can actually say that, particularly those with less than 100 posts under their belt.

But, don't feel that people are ignoring you because you still attend meetings. That is simply not true. There are several posters who still attend and they are a great source of info as to what is going on at the Kingdom Hall. Perhaps some of your posts could reflect that.

Stick around. This place can bring out a variety of emotions, both good and bad. Simon should have a dollar (or a pound/quid) for every poster who said they are through with this place and never coming back. They are usually back within the week. It's because this place is so damn addicting.

Hang in there bud.

• integ
    integ

LDH,

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Thank you for the encouragement. I will continue to post my little "insights" and hope that someone will find them useful. I realize it takes a little while for people to warm up to a new guy. I actually started posting pro jw stuff when I stumbled onto this site (sticking up for them on certain issues). I have since taken a head first dive into full blown "apostasy", when after doing research on doctrines, etc, I have discovered what I used to accept as infallible dictates from the "slave", have turned out to be controlling techniques that have kept me and some of my close relatives enslaved for many years. I am very angry at this. I was always ignored at the Hall because of my worldly tendencies, and my lack of service time, etc. So it has been nice to have an outlet of free speech on this site. Thank You All.

Integ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit