Why can't we have a kingdom hall?

by road to nowhere 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I was musing on how many small churches there are. A single congregation made of moderate income people. Often the pastor has a job on the side. They get by. Contrast the JWs having to share a hall so some have to meet on Saturday or at a miserable day wasting afternoon or evening time.

I am not thinking of the big cathedral type either.

I already know people tend to put their resources into something of benefit. So I can partly answer my own question. Just being grumpy as I must take the little lady to meeting, ours this year is arou d lunch time

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Another thing I’ve found is that churches tend to fit their service times around when most people can attend. The parishioner is free to attend what ever service he prefers.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i was a baptised teenager in the 60's..in birmingham UK. there were 3 circuits that covered the area; so about 30 congregations i imagine. very few had their own hall. most rented school halls, community buildings or anything they could find. it was the dream of most dubs to have their own halls..something to aspire to. it all started to happen in the 70's.

ive no idea how many have recently been stolen.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Halls are status symbols not needed and they can always spin a story as to why times changes. Many small fellowships/sects rent a cheap room somewhere. Get a room, as we say

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So RTN you were expecting an empathic ear on a anti-JWS web site such as this ?

When a congregation goes into low attendance the WTS usually sells that Hall and banks the cash.

One of the other reasons the WTS does this is they dont want to show the JWS organization decreasing in numbers, its always supposed to be increasing to show how people are coming to the most righteous Christian organization in existence.

The counting of numbers is actively important to the JWS religion as anyone who has been involved in it knows.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Finky I don’t think Road to nowhere is a watchtower supporter. I guess he’s just dreaming that the missus and her cong would cut ties with Watchtower and have their own little place, cut the umbilical cord as it were.

Stanley What I can’t understand is how the GB, like Sam Herd and David exSplain and Gerrit Lösche, who saw everything you did, can see the decline and snatch the publishers bought and paid for halls, and still believe god is running the ship.

How can they really still believe?? Or at least believe they have gods blessing??

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Maybe they believe God is punishing them for something but they have not figured out what

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

JoenB75 I think that’s a very likely scenario.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Dio....

Yes, I lament the little halls we built ourselves and maintained without fooling with LDC bull. And we thought we were on the right path.

I am one of the locked in by family people. I use every excuse I can to miss but have a pimi wife to consider

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Someone once made the observation that the more you hate a particular person or group the more you model yourself after said person or group. The Watchtower used to revel in attacking the Catholic church. The Watchtower would point a finger at Catholic cathedrals and the Vatican.

Now, in order to "Worship Jehovah" you have to go to a Kingdom Hall. Meeting in private homes is forbidden. Where once the Watchtower was based in the largest city in the US and welcomed all visitors, now you must get permission to enter the gates of Wallkill like you would the Vatican Guard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit