3rd Gen DF'd finally writing

by AFreeBeliever 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome AFreeBeliever,

I too wanted to hold on to the bible as a message from God when I left WT, but sadly the more I read it the less it seemed credible as the word of God.

I haven't experienced any mercy from God, so I really don't believe he is benevolent. However science has lead me to the conclusion a guided process was involved in evolution and so I still believe in a creator.

Kate xx

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

Interesting as of how today connection is made that you and I are family. I always enjoyed being arould Norma Lee and Punk just shows how not living in a family is not knowing what goes on. The last time I talked with Judy I could well se what you were up against as she was the local recruiter sending boys to Bethel.

For what it is worth I went into the 'valley of dark shadow' with a special verse in the Bible Micah 6:8 and went through the valley with the realization that everything we learned about the heavenly persons and personalities was true. In my mind I strung together Micah 6:8, Matt.23:23 justice, mercy & faithfulness and Jas.1:27 that true worship from the point of view of God was in our love in him as expressed in how we conducted our life as towards showing the qualties love, kindness, justice and mercy toward his creation. That realization makes possible the view that true worshipers exist through out the various multitudes of religious entities, yet not the posssession of their church rulers, as it is hearts that define worship not dogma. I kept the 'baby' when throwing out the wash water but unlike you I am alone as alone can be, due to my fighting the church.

I will PM you it would be interesting find out the name of a long lost cousin.

Bill

• GodZoo
    GodZoo

I can't say I even found a baby in the bathwater... it was just bathwater, no baby to be seen or felt anywhere.

Best of luck to you..

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I too was on my way to becoming a true Christian with a much better understanding of what the teachings of Christ were all about. Then I ran across a quote about the god El being a cannaanite God. From that point on I became immersed in ancient religions, archeology of the areas in the Bible, language, etc. I'm no longer a believer in the gods/God of the Bible. Welcome and I hope you'll tell us your Dfing story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit