Why I constantly write letters to the Watchtower Society

by UnshackleTheChains 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I would think that Bethel J.W.'s who are assigned to deal with correspondence will have been very carefully vetted and selected due to their absolute love and loyalty of the org, therefore virtually immune to any information which puts their golden calf in a bad light. But you never know, one future small crack in the building could magnify the previously ignored cracks - and bring the building down for someone.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Well done Unshackle but I do think that your letters to outsiders such as the charity commission and the press are better directed.

I'm not so keen for improvement within the Org; surely it is better that there are fewer authoritarian bodies misleading millions of innocent people based on false premises?

According to their perceived 'divine mandate' of being Gods earthly agents it would be impossible for them to accept instructions and ideas from outsiders and most especially from apostates. (But now I think of it they have done so before regarding several doctrines,"the great crowd" interpretation was one such).

When we do see them yielding to some form of democracy then we will know they are becoming desperate for survival, the next step will be to siphon off all of the remaining wealth before they scuttle the good ship Watchtower.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I admire your spirit shacky.

Playing devils avocado (wink wink), I'd say that in the first place the jobo receiving the letter might see it as 'percy coo shun' and shred it.

Secular authorities might just say, 'Oh, the jobos. They're nutty. No further action. Now to contend with ISIS and Brexit.'

It's an all too rare change when the jobo corporation gets a mention for what we perceive (me too, usually), as their crimes.

I truly hope your letters help raise awareness of the evil that the corporation gladly endorses for their own selfish ends.

• pbrow
    pbrow

It is absolutely NOT a waste of time. Just because a letter will most likely not get many out, that does not have to be the main point of letter writing. Your conscience is telling you to write and following your conscience is NEVER a waste of time.

If these cow eyed adults do not care to read your letters then fuck 'em. Every letter, every good natured hello to a dub from an ex/apostate, every sip of wine that is taken at the memorial is a chance to be a brick out of the wall in the minds of someone. You never know who that someone is but this message board is living proof that we have been, we are and we will continue to be woken up every day.

No two people are the same and people wake up in different ways for different reasons. Do whatever you think helps sans violence.

pbrow

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Hi everyone and sorry for the late reply.

I appreciate all your thoughts and respect all your views.

One thing I do know is that JW.org are run by 'men', that's it!l Slimboyfat made an excellent Point that the organisation is now at a weak point and who knows, what impact my letters (and those of others) may have. These letters just might strike a chord.

Also, as someone mentioned, writing to local politicians, the media etc may be key to putting pressure on the leadership of Jehovah's witnesses to bring about change.

Someone else mentioned that it took the Australian royal commission to bring about change to the societies safe guarding policy. Yes 'Proof of all proofs' that actively bringing such issues to the attention of others can make a difference. Fair play to our Australian friends for their brave active determination.

The important thing is to highlight the issues of the watchtower organisation in the most effective way possible. Small or great, all of us have the power to do something/ anything to bring about change.

Thanks again to everyone for your thoughts

UTC

• Chook
    Chook

May your letter writing be blessed and have the desired affect. Your motives are pure so keep the ink wet.

• stillin
    stillin

I have written several letters over the years and always recieved a nice-enough, non-committal response which went something like, "good question, talk with your elders, now go away."

The combined wisdom of the members of the Governing Body is more wise than God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit