My Bible Study Is Wide Awake To The TTATT

by James Jack 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Jack
    James Jack

I ran into my old Bible Study at the Kingdom Hall recently, he was Baptized as a JW 8 years ago. We started talking about small things and catching up about our families and then the bombshell.

"My wife and I are deeply troubled by the Watchtower change of Doctrine, Prophecy, and their History"! "Did you know about Charles Russell and his failed marriage... his view of Pyramids... Generation mistakes... and Dates... that place in California for returning Prophets..."and on and on he went.

I told him I knew all about it and then show him a publication on display in the foyer (I think it is Divine Plan of the Ages), and it had a fold out of a Pyramid and a description on bible verses that showed 1914 was the year the big A was going to happen. He asked me how I deal with it. More to come...

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I think more and more people are scratching their heads on some of this.

So many do not know about Russell and his crazy pyramid scheme (lol) and the Beth Sarim mansion. I know if I told others I was going to buy a big yacht so all the Princesses (Sarah, Naomi, Rachel, etc) could come back and share my lovely yacht, my family and friends would reserve a room with rubber walls. Russell was an apostate, he left his original religion to start a new one. It's a man made religion. Watch the video, Faith in Action, and you will see how it is all man made. The first few minutes of this video really opened our eyes. We watched it years before our exit and just looked at each other with that perplexed, WTF look.

James, I wonder if he has read Crisis of Conscience. That would be a mind blower for him. It was for us!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Funny, if you are both "Awake", then what are you both doing in a Kingdom Hall?

WTF?

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I hope you recommended to him that he go around to everyone in the hall and bring up the same exact discussion. Elders last!

Eek I just realized you said he's already baptized...OK maybe not the best suggestion. Am excited to read the rest of your story!

• drewcoul
    drewcoul
    Marked.......This has the potential to be real, real good!
  • James Jack
    James Jack

He wanted to meet with 2 Elders to discussed his situation, I told him I know these guys, it will not go well with you.

I said, " you got 7 children at home, they need some Spiritual guidance at this point in their life. Nobody has the complete truth that I am aware of. You and I have too much invested with this Organization, also family to throw it all away. But we are empowered with information to make sound decisions. Just lay low, enjoy life, we have each other, our families! You can call me anytime to talk."

This is all that has happened at this time. We haven't talk since then.

I will keep everyone updated.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Why on earth would a KH have on display in the foyer, a publication such as Divine Plan of the Ages?

Weren't they told to get rid of all those misguided publications some years back?

HappyDad

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It is no longer possible to be unaware of the strange history of the society now that we are living in the internet age.

The more startling aspect is HOW do so many allow themselves to remain ignorant...willingly!?

• James Jack
    James Jack

HappyDad

I thought the same thing and even told the COBE about it and he said, "It's our History". I said ok, I warned you!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Looks like you will be forever attending the hall and never just quitting to get on with your one and only life at that rate. Your (and his) kids dont need "spiritual guidance" either, that is just cult speak, what they need are loving parents who do not impose false beliefs and superstitions on them that cripple them emotionally and mentally possibly for life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit