Political leaning since leaving the Org.

by Olig 30 Replies latest social current

• Olig
    Olig

As you are completely barred from talking or being involved in politics while in the org, since leaving has anyone started any political campaigning or activism? Also what way would you lean? Left? Centre? Right?

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

I am liberal socially. I don't care who you sleep with, what you define yourself, and what you want to smoke. Just don't make me support your choices by my tax monies. I am conservative in that I don't want government telling me what I can do. It's none of their business.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I’m with Doctor Who!

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

I am a bleeding heart liberal.

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

A conservative. Although I think we desperately need in the US a national health care system I can not abide the stupidity of the left. This is not FDR, Trueman or JFK Democrat party. Its now the open boarders, hug a Muslim, Reparations, anti American and western civilization we can just stop using oil and NG tomorrow idiots. The left is not even more being taken over by the idiots like AOC who know shit from shinola.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I started out left-leaning and I'm right of centre now. I try to be an independent thinker.

The left and right should talk to each other but that doesn't look like happening anytime soon.

I gotta be honest, the left is ridiculous at the moment. Most of the de-platforming, shouting down opposing arguments, and hair-brained political ideas come from them at the moment.

When someone like Milo Yiannopoulos or Dave Ruben (both gay Jews) get called Nazis by their political opponents, well, Houston we have a problem.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I coĺlected for Oxfam after leaving the JWs for a few years because they believe in teaching people to help themselves. Then they asked me to visit my MP particularly highlighting primary education for all children globally. Which I did for a couple of years.

Then I got disillusioned at a meeting where they said the autumn door to door collection was a publicity exercise where they spent two million pounds to make one million. I was furious! I spent hours doing that every year so now I support UNICEF and save the children who are part of the DEC and on the ground in all natural disasters and war zones.

Joined Amnesty International after leaving the cult and have petitioned, written letters and emails to free prisoners of conscience although not so much lately as work and maintenance of my house and garden take most of my energy.

• hoser
    hoser

Fiscally conservative.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Liberal democrat with a touch of conservatism.

Interesting is it not that countries which are highly sociologist in governance have an over all better standard of living over the greater population ?

There might be something about sharing the wealth.

By the way just because you left the JWS religion doesn't mean you have be into politics, be as much as you want to, no one is going to be looking over your shoulder with scrutinizing cult eyes .

• Olig
    Olig

The left and right aren't going to talk to each other anytime soon! They hate eachother!

I'm with Dr. Who! Do what makes you happy, as long as it's not hurting anyone else. It's your life, live it how you want!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit