Which delusion will you choose?

by JW_Rogue 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Landy
    Landy
    It occurred to me while at today's WT study that over 100 people were wasting an hour of their life studiously examining the differences between two delusions, paradise earth and the heavenly hope

101 if we include you!

• sir82
    sir82

Or could it be he knew that was the position he wanted all along?

I've frequently thought that a young, clever, ambitious, yet cynical JW male could chart a path for himself to the top of the organization by proclaiming himself "anointed" and appearing to do "all the right things".

I am pretty confident that there are probably at least a couple dozen, or more, 20-30ish JW males who are setting themselves up to be nominated as GB members in 20 or 30 years time.

Step 1, of course, is to declare yourself "anointed". If anyone questions it, you just point them to next week's WT study where it says you shouldn't question anyone about it.

Thereafter, it's just positioning. Go to the "schools", be a pioneer, be a sub CO, get into Bethel if you can, brown-nose the right people, be a ruthless company man.....if you are ambitious, clever, and cynical enough, you too can get to be on the board of directors of a multi-billion dollar real estate development firm.

Of course, anyone doing so would have to be an utter sociopath.

Actually, come to think of it, that might well explain the current GB......

• trevor
    trevor
    It occurred to me while at today's WT study that over 100 people were wasting an hour of their life studiously examining the differences between two delusions, paradise earth and the heavenly hope.

The logical approach is that they can't both be right - but they could both be wrong.

• Absalom
    Absalom
    The funniest part of this week's lesson, to me, is that they stress that it is none of our business if someone partakes or not, it is between them and God. However next week, when addressing the rising number of partakers, the faithful slave says don't worry about it, most of those partakers are NOT anointed, but have mental or emotional problems. So much for being between the individual and God.
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

101 if we include you!

Yep, sadly I was there physically but at least I wasn't straining my mind trying to figure out how all this stuff works. It's much easier when you realize it's all a load of BS. I will be out soon enough.

• zeb
    zeb

The wt has forever worried about obscure points of theology. Years ago we had wt studies that positively laboured on the point that we are not ministers. Time goes by and we had another one equally as long telling us we were. But the next day kids go to school, employees to work, the poor need housing, bills to be paid, and petrol is ever more expensive.

My point is the gb/wt are so far up the pink cloud they have no conception of the day to day of ordinary folk.

QED

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit