Lili Dale: The American Town Jehovahs Witnesses will not preach in!

by Diogenesister 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

There's a wonderful channel called "The Blue Envelope" and the vlogger does ExJW topics, oftentimes from a very interesting and unusual perspective. A real treasure - he's a nerd's nerd!

Anyway this ones subject is the Western New York connection with JWs. One thing that tickled me was this Town Lili Dale, which is the HQ of the National spiritualist Association. I think the organization/faith began during the '2nd Awakening' (the era when the Bible students also began)around 1870, mostly as a result of the fame of the three Fox Sisters. Everyone who lives in the town is a spirit medium now and they have their yearly conference there, too.

The local JWs refuse to preach there!!! They are not permitted to even enter the town!

NB I notice it's termed "spirit-UAL-ist" not "Spiritist" as the witnesses term it. Anyone know why witnesses call it "spiritism" like that? It always irritated and puzzled me when I was in.

Anyway do sub to this channel and have a look, you won't be disappointed!

https://youtu.be/Dq85G7tXuAU

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

That is funny we drive through there all the time. Have not seen any demons yet! Good friend of mine is a spiritualist preacher. It is real big deal here in the summer time. All kinds of events taking place there. Still Totally ADD

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

It's a very friendly town. Still Totally ADD

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ still ADD This tickled me silly to think of the terrified dubs tip-toeing by, in case they get demon possessed!!

It's not very per their theology, though! What if there is someone with the right "heart condition" there! Why is a spiritualist any more Babylon-the-Great than Catholics or Hindus!!!

I'd never heard of this being in the UKπŸ‘€!

What did you think before you woke up? Or were you not living nearby before?

Dio xxx

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

You might get a possessed donation, or possessed dust that didnt shake off

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I have been living in this area since 2011. Lili Dale is pretty much a one horse town. But what a beautiful area to live in. Nice warm summers, colorful falls. The winters are really snowy. Close to 200 inches a year on a bad winter and like this year close to 60 to 90 inches. Crystals, fortune tellers, drum circles and many lectures on the were are the dead. They have a big festival there every year.

I don't know why the borg will not let the flock witness there. Maybe they are afraid they might be made into thinking people. Lol. Still Totally ADD

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    The local JWs refuse to preach there!!!

If that is truly the case, they must not have much confidence in Jehovah's ability to protect them against "evil spirit forces" while they do his work in that town.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

So funny talking about the Tracy’s since that’s my maiden surname πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    If that is truly the case, they must not have much confidence in Jehovah's ability to protect them against "evil spirit forces" while they do his work in that town.

Yes, it's odd how the Devil always seems to be more powerful than the Holy Spirit that is supposed to be guiding and protecting Jehovah's Witnesses.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I don't know why the borg will not let the flock witness there.

I`m sorry but is that true ? The Borg / Elders will not let the R&F witness there ?

Is there any confirmation of that anywhere ? Letters ,directions from the G.B. or the local Elders ?

or is it just a word of mouth thing that the G.B.turn a blind eye to.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit