Well done England!

by LoveUniHateExams 12 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

In the women's Euro tournament, England beat Germany 2-1 at Wembley!!!

I'll be honest - I've never really been that interested in women's football. No, it's not because I'm a sexist pig, it's just that I was brought up on men's football and haven't had a TV license for the past 10 years.

But this win could really put women's football on the map, at least in Britain.

There has been a bit of hysteria about the nickname 'Lionesses' but I think it's a great name. Lionesses do most of the hard graft in lion prides - male lions are lazy bastards in comparison.

And England's Lionesses hunted down the Germany side yesterday, no question.

July 31 2022 - the day football came home (again).

England women win Euro 2022 after beating Germany amid wild scenes - Wales  Online

• Biahi
    Biahi

Just curious, what is a TV License?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

what is a TV License? - In the UK, all citizens must pay a yearly fee of £159 for a TV license if they want to watch live TV programs.

That license fee sustains our state broadcaster, the BBC.

So, even if I have a TV but don't watch any BBC channels, if I just want to watch ITV or Channel Four, I still would have to pay £159 every year for the privilege.

Pretty shitty deal we got in Britain, eh?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I can't be bothered with sport. It's not my thing and I can't be doing with all the tribalism in it. However, if it's your thing then go for it. Enjoy.

One question.

Was the team 'diverse(tm)' enough for the divisive, neo-communist BBC(who divide people up by skin colour)?

• waton
    waton
    Was the team 'diverse(tm)' enough for the divisive, neo-communist BBC(who divide people up by skin colour)?

PON: No, this was an intertribal friendly affair, not the former colonies like Cameroon against Nigeria,or Rwanda against Kenia. Could not get free access either, but what I hear from the comments, a deserved, hard fought win, on which even the business manager would smile, with the Ger/womans/ having won 5 times too often already to sell tickets.

I hear that the best german attacker/captain was sidelined from the start and a Ukrainian Video judge might have returned favours in a controversial " hand ball" sequence. sour grapes? In the future AI to the rescue.

On theses final games, all should be free to watch, the best actions. imho. congrats

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

When transgender "women" are playing in a women's team - that'll be worth watching!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

did someone score any goals ?

• GabeAthouse
    GabeAthouse

Pretty shitty deal we got in Britain, eh?

No. BBC has some great programming.

"The BBC's domestic television channels have no commercial advertising and collectively they accounted for more than 30% of all UK viewing in 2013. The services are funded by a television licence."

I mostly use streaming services for TV, although I also have an antenna and occasionally watch over the air broadcast TV. It's free sorta. The price you pay is a an hours worth of TV is only about 38 mins. The other 22 mins is commercials for diarrhea pills, constipation pills, boner pills, even yet still more pharmaceutical ad's followed by a long list of side effects, car commercials, sour cream commercials, furniture store commercials, get out of debt commercials.......

• jhine
  • jhine
    jhine

I'm not a football fan but I'm proud of the women . That fb post says it all .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit