How do they love the 'unbelievers'? Worship Book (chap 2)

by ozziepost 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rocketman
    rocketman

Oz, you made a good point. And, like Bona Dea points out, it's stuff that we sometimes never really realize, but gradually we were taught to see fellow humans on Jw terms only, or at least for the most part.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I have noticed that with the Society everything is conditional. Example, you are not a liar if you don't tell someone something they are not entitled to know. Who determines what a person should or should not know? They do of course. They redefine what love is using the different Greek words to comparmentalize how these kinds of love should be felt and expressed. The average person is not prepared to dispute this 'logic'. The Bible study slowly begins to apply the Society's 'love standard' to everyone they interact with. This puts people into categories; worldling, faithful witness, government official, false religionist, etc. And once the study labels people they are no longer thought of as people but the label. And now 'love' becomes totally conditional. The Society goes even further by making it very basic, us or them, for God or for the Devil. At that point love is just a shell of its former self and they become a hateful, selfish, judgemental group just like their bosses. Maverick

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I'm blonde.

Nah, charity is not love for your fellow men. I mean, you'd give them food and money to survive yet another day is this godforsaken world, but whatabout when armageddon comes ... its better to indoctrinate them so that they will live forever in a mindnumbing state, and should your poor neigbour die before armageddon ... ah well, there is stil the resurrection.

• Mystery
    Mystery

Maverick - your points are well taken.

It is basically a word association game:
    Worldly = everyone not a JW.
    Faithful Witnesses = Everyone fully serving "their time"
    Df'ed = shunning
    DF'ed but reinstated = never really being allowed back in
    Government Officials = Satan’s allies
    False Religions = Everyone but "ME" (JW's)
    Love = "If you......." then I will love you.

First word that comes to your mind (my mind)
    Cat - Dog
    Stop - Go
    Teenager - "Can i bury them in the back yard somewhere that no one would find them?"

If you are programmed to have a definite response to a word regardless of wanting to stop. Every time I hear the word worldly I still think of the JW definition.

Just my opinion.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Ozzie. Its perfectly clear. How could you POSSIBLY show more love for a person than to put forth your best effort to save his life. !!! And not just his life, but his ETERNAL Existance. Far more important than throwing a starving man a mere pound of rice and giving the appearance of charity and assistance. Dont you think ????

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I found that the new Worship book almost mirrors the one from 1983. Blondie has been spending time in the hospital with her ailing hubby who will be going home on Saturday. I will check that paragraph. I found it was the same old slop/regurgitation from before.

The WTS has maintained for years that showing love to non-JWs is done through the preaching work rather than addressing their material needs.

Blondie

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The new worship book is nearly identical to the old, with the deletion of the chapters on the anointed and blood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit