A history of global living conditions in 5 charts

by Simon 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@A Believer: Thanks for pointing out the JW misinterpretation and cherry picking of biblical texts.

• never a jw
    never a jw

All the good reflected by those charts is a credit to God Almighty!!... well, Watchtower too. The system of Satan, including most people in this thread, has prevented the graphs to be much better than they are.

• A Believer
    A Believer

Anony You know the Bible says the world will get a little better before the Tribulation right? Just turn on news and you will the world isn't a peaceful place.

3 Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them,+just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

@ A Believer.

Apparently you want to have it both ways. On one hand you agree with the good folks over at the Watchtower, who have been saying for 100 years, that we are living in the last days because of the "critical world conditions" . Now you are saying that the end is near because statistics point out things have improved. Which is it going to be??

No one is saying there is "peace and security" by any means, but these charts point out that statistically, things have improved in some areas. This is far cry from what the leaders of your doomsday cult will acknowledge.

P.S. Since you're quoting the Bible, it also talks about "wolves" who would enter in among the congregation. Seeing as how you pretend to be a faithful adherent of JW doctrine yet persist in go against the directive not to visit apostate websites and engage in discussions with opposers, I was wondering if you have noticed more of an urge to howl at the moon lately?

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

A Believer - let me be a prophet. If you continue here long enough, you will leave the JW religion. Trust me. Why? because facts will show you what it's really like and you will see from the experiences of others that it's not this rosy picture the WT makes it out to be. No, the JW religion is really sick from it's own sickness.

As you have just seen from the facts presented here on how the world is becoming a better place in many respects. Yes there is still war, but there has always been war, from the very beginning.

Trust me, just stick around, just stick around.

• anointed1
    anointed1

What you say is true.

However, when we have leaders [like Trump] saying “Let it be an arms race,“ [MSNBC said on Friday, Dec 23, 2016] “We will outmatch them at every pass and outlast them all,“ and have leaders like Kim Jong-un, Iran becoming a nuclear power, and terrorists trying to lay their hands on nuclear arms, things can go on reverse gear within no time.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The graph for 'Freedom' contains a word 'anocracy' which was new to me:

The index measures political regimes on a spectrum from +10 for full democracies to -10 for full autocracies; regimes that fall somewhere in the middle of this spectrum are called anocracies.

I don't recall seeing that word before.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A recent Cracked article put it really well...

"...this is humanity winning so hard it doesn't know what to do with it..."

(paraphrasing, but that's the gist)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If the washtowel thinks the world has never been worse, they might wish to visit Europe during the time the cat lick church had full control. Christi-SCAM-ity lead to that Dark Age, and science was suppressed under threat of torture. People were miserable, and virtually everyone was enslaved. And that was without electronics and microchips--still, it took 1,000 years to break out of.

Now, the world the washtowel is working for will be the deluxe version of the above. People will be miserable. Science will be repressed, this time for good. Everyone will be enslaved. Christi-SCAM-ity will be replaced with its identical twin communism. And, it will all be enforced through microchips, making it impossible for a renaissance to ever happen again. All of this is what the washtowel is working toward.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit