Lincoln Newspaper publishes my letter about AJWRB

by jschwehm 9 Replies latest jw friends

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

The Lincoln Journal Star of Lincoln Nebraska published my letter about AJWRB in their May 7th edition.

I though you guys might like to know that.

Jeff S.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Good one! Keep up the good work.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Jeff,

Great news! Is it on-line?

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• Tina
    Tina

WTG Jeff!!!
    I'm going to see if I can find it .....reagrds,Tina

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny...."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense,you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Great Jeff,

It's good to give reinforcement to the officials that must deal with such issues.

http://www.JournalStar.com

Once you are there - look at Left Side Bar, click 'Opinion' - when that comes up - scroll down at center column for "Letters to Editor" and click and scroll down to your letter.

Thanks for letting us know.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Thanks Zazu,

Here's a cut and paste of the article at http://www.journalstar.com/opinion?story_id=975&past=

Witnesses divided

I would like to thank University Hospital and the (Omaha) police for their action in making sure that the son of the Jehovah's Witness mother received the medical care needed to save his life. Jehovah's Witnesses' views on blood are controversial and difficult to understand. What most people do not realize is that there are Jehovah's Witnesses who disagree with the leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses and their views on blood transfusions.

Dissenting Jehovah's Witnesses have organized themselves into the Associated Jehovah's Witnesses for Reform on Blood. Their Web site is www.ajwrb.org. The following quote is from their Web site:

Some Jehovah's Witnesses believe that a blood transfusion is a liquid tissue or organ transplant, not a meal, and hence does not violate the biblical admonition to "abstain from (eating) blood." The Watchtower Society attempts to deny these members a free choice in their medical care by means of controls and sanctions - namely enforced shunning by JW family members and friends.

Medical confidentiality in dealing with these dissenting JW patients is essentially to prevent the church from retaliating against them through shunning. Also when a minor child is involved the state needs to protect these children from these damaging religious beliefs and I am glad that this occurred in this case.

Jeffrey M. Schwehm, Seward

--JAVA

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Thanks JAVA,

I'm limited as to what I can do with the Web-TV - so your 'simplification' is appreciated. :) O^O "Foxy", TY &
    Hahahaha.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Hey there foxy Zazu,

Tell that old fossil you married to buy a real computer.

--JAVA

• larc
    larc

Hey JAVA,

I just bought Zazu the best push mower money can buy. What do expect from me anyway? Actually, I bought a computer for my wife on Super Bowl Sunday over two years ago. It was a boring Super Bowl game, so my wife switched over to the home shopping network. As far as the internet goes, we just haven't got around getting a phone line in that room yet.

By the way, this next October, I plan to surprise my wife on her birthday by getting her four new tires for her car. Hey, that's the kind of guy I am!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Next stop, USA Today!?????!

YERUSALYIM
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Shakespere: Hamlet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit