Todays View on Df'ing/Shunning

by Mystery 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mystery
    Mystery

Growing up I remember very restricted views on DF'ed members. Then the Org was a little more lenient regarding shunning family members etc...

Does anyone know what the view are today? The reason I ask is because my mother used to call me a few times a month, but now if I ever hear from her, it is when I call her. When I call, she talks, literaly, on the phone for hours! But she doesn't call me any more. My sister is basically the same way. Neither one of them even ask me about the meetings or Memorial any longer. They know that I am a "lost sheep" and will not return.

I'm not DF'ed; but have been "inactive" for around 20 years.

Is there any "new light" on treating inactive or DF'ed members? Or is it back to the very restrictive phase again?

• amac
    amac

They have had some recent articles on DFing and how we should be very strict on it. But they have also had some articles on reaching out to inactive ones, so maybe they are confused about how to treat you. I'd just ask them, and no matter what their reply (unless its a good one of course) ask them what they think Jesus would do in their shoes. That always gets them.

• Gopher
    Gopher

amac,

ask them what they think Jesus would do in their shoes

Now that would throw them for a loop! It might cause sensory overload. After all, they hardly ever study about Jesus (except for the "Greatest Man" book, but that's been a while now). Of course, your answer is entirely logical but may not be one a JW would know how to respond to.

The question "what would Jesus do?" might sound foreign or worldly to a lot of JW's, because it's not a thought they use very often.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Mystery,

My wife and I have not been DFd or DAd - and we're still shunned, even by our own daughters!

Dansk

• Mystery
    Mystery

Thank's guys.

This started about a year ago. Until then, they would call and talk to the boys etc... I just thought it odd that both of them stopped calling about the same time. I figured it was a "new light" the society had "turned on" again.

Just wondering....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit