The Governing Body WILL be sued in America collectively and individually in the near future!

by notsurewheretogo 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Then point to another case where Watchtower was held liable by either a jury or a judge other than the Conti case. If there are all of these this should be the simplest argument.

No it shouldn't and you are fully aware of it. In another lame attempt to distort the facts you say "if there all of these." No one claimed there are "all of these" cases won by jury or judge ruling.

It only takes one major loss to wake up a major corporation into settling future cases when the facts are against them. You know this but you continue with your straw man arguments in a desperate attempt to make Watchtower look innocent.

I can give you a list of cases that Watchtower has won.

Of course you can, but it is meaningless. Every corporation wins cases, but the cases they feel they can't win they pay out to avoid a loss by jury or judge.

Actually I am surprised that Watchtower let the Conti case go to trial. They should have settled that one too, but it was presumably their arrogance that led them to thinking they couldn't lose because God was on their side. That case dragged on for years, and even though punitive damages were thrown out on appeal the cost to the Organization was huge in terms of public image, loss of new members, and contribution money. It was a HUGE black eye for Watchtower with long term consequences.

Since then they know better and are very willing to curb the damages by paying out quietly and insisting on a non-disclosure clause so the whole sordid affair can be kept as quiet as possible, as any 'worldly' corporation would do.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Anyone can sue anyone for anything. But they would have to climb over a mountain of precedents. Anything is possible but is it likely I really doubt it. In fact, I like it how one of the Justices in the Stratton case during the oral arguments made the statement that just because something is novel doesn't make it good. It may be a novel thing to get a judge to break with a century of jurisprudence but that doesn't mean it is good case law and would stand up in the higher courts.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

so the same thing applies with a settlement, nothing was ever proven.....RO

Watchtower settles.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$..

It proves Watchtower doesn`t think they can win..

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Yay! I'm glad for any case brought against this currant batch of Governing Body members(clowns in every sense of the word).

I think the laws may favor a properly presented case before many different 'worldly' legal systems and eventually bankrupt the Watchtower Corporation. I think it might be a feast day for lawsuit lawyer both now and in the future so hurry up and get it before they go belly up.

I expect the number of Kingdom sales to go up exponentially as these financial wizard/GBs trusting in that figment of their imagination 'Jehovah' the corporate mascot who is going to do away with all his theocratic enemies,, yadda yadda. I see big trouble ahead, in their wishful thinking course of action. Nightmare stage anyone?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishful_thinking

Christopher Booker described wishful thinking in terms of
    "the fantasy cycle" ... a pattern that recurs in personal lives, in politics, in history – and in storytelling. When we embark on a course of action which is unconsciously driven by wishful thinking, all may seem to go well for a time, in what may be called the "dream stage". But because this make-believe can never be reconciled with reality, it leads to a "frustration stage" as things start to go wrong, prompting a more determined effort to keep the fantasy in being. As reality presses in, it leads to a "nightmare stage" as everything goes wrong, culminating in an "explosion into reality", when the fantasy finally falls apart.[3]
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Richard Oliver: Please explain how Watchtower did not benefit from the appeals ruling. Yes they lost 2.8 million but the court ruled that there is no duty to protect or duty to warn.

Richard, Richard, Richard...have you ever heard of 'bad publicity' and 'bad press'...and have you been to a circuit assembly or regional convention of JWs lately? It's almost universal...the brothers giving the baptismal talks are sadly embarrassed to find out that the only ones getting baptized are teeny bopper born-ins, and those numbers are extremely low!

The negative publicity surfacing from these WT lawsuits is taking its toll in more ways than one!

• smiddy
    smiddy

40 years ago even going back to the beginnings of the 1960`s I was a die-hard JW ,however I noticed even then that the public talks that were advertised and given out by leafletes in our local community they never ever brought in any members of the public.

The Jehovahs Witnesses are delusional. Full stop.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Scenic Viewer:

So you feel that if Watchtower settles that they must mean that they know they won't lose. Then I have a question for you. In the Jose Lopez case in San Diego. When the trial judge granted the terminating sanctions, which were reversed, why was it that the plaintiff dismissed the charges against the Congregation? The terminating sanctions only applied to Watchtower and CCJW as defendants, not to the Congregation, they still had to go through a trial to go after the congregation.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It only takes one major loss to wake up a major corporation into settling future cases when the facts are against them..... Scenic Viewer

Image result for Born to be stupid

Image result for Small arrow pointing down

Scenic Viewer:

So you feel that if Watchtower settles that they must mean that they know they won't lose......Richard Oliver

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit