The Governing Body WILL be sued in America collectively and individually in the near future!

by notsurewheretogo 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

So Lloyd Evans aka Cedars says on his Facebook page when he attended a Reveal JW child abuse event.

Interesting stuff but no details!

• Tallon
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It already has been for more than a decade, regarding the nondisclosure of pedophiles within congregations.

There is a reason why the WTS heads issued a letter to all congregations that any written information they have on members who have been accused of pedophilia should be destroyed..

• kpop
    kpop

The JW cult leaders have made some massive changes to the entire legal structure of the organization exactly for this reason. I heard they hired one of the most expensive and prestigious law firms in all of England a few years back to reorganize everything for them, to protect them from future lawsuits. One of the biggest changes of course was the name change of the "Ministry School" to the "Christian Life and Ministry" simply based on the word "School" which implies underage children could be present and the weight of the responsibility would then rest on the parents if anything happens to their children instead of the WT cult.

Do you people see how disgusting and devious they are? Do you think Jehovah would REALLY be using them?

It should be very obvious.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver
    Well most of the people who have sued have not been very successful. So it will be interesting to see.
  • Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

Perhaps a coordinated registry on one website that includes each country naming victims, and all jw forums can link to it. Just a simple private registery that emails receipt and data input to the victim with an I.d. # on the public side to show the victim count. If it collects the data, then lawyers can utilize it in class actions around the world. I guarantee that America has several thousands alone probably tens of thousands. The collective has a much better chance of suing the corporationssss and the GB individuals in America. It would be public and too big to sweep under the rug. I would venture to say most ex Jw's check in on forums once in awhile as well as Facebook. So it could organically get huge quickly. I'll put my name on that list! I'm not computer savvy to know how to develop one, but if anyone is and would do so, it would help the movement. Perhaps Cedars can coordinate with that group and host such a site or knows if one is available? Hope you are reading these posts John 😉

• kairos
    kairos

The amount of payout for pain and suffering as a result of WT's shunning and blood policies alone in a class action lawsuit would end them.

I hope it happens.

• Simon
    Simon

Anyone can sue anyone, what really matters is:

a) whether you can prove something

b) how much money you have to throw away

I've been hearing this stuff for 20 years. I sincerely doubt it's going to happen in the next 20. Usually it's done by people seeking publicity for themselves. Oh look, Lloyd ...

Making a claim against a group without naming any individual is rather meaningless which is why they do it. They cannot be held accountable for libel (because they haven't specifically named anyone) but it "sounds" like they have accused someone if people don't think too much about it.

This is where advocacy crossed the line and turns into mud-slinging and negative PR. The really affective work is done in court, not in the street.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I would love to see that! Class action!

And if what happened in Australia happens here, it'll be massive. The coverup is horrendous here in the States.

DY

• snowbird
    snowbird

I hope it happens, too.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit