Compare Your Personality Now As Compared When You Were A Good JW

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I often think of how certain posters were in the old days when they were true believers. You know, people like Francois, Farkel, Ozziepost, Hillary, AlanF and so many others. Most of these people come across as very astute and persons that are nobody's fools. But, in the congregation, well before they faded, what were they like?...........What were YOU like when you were in the congregation???

• rocketman
    rocketman

Pretty much the same, I think. In some ways, I've changed for the better, because I now look at people in a different way. I don't evaluate them according to their performance of religious service.

• minimus
    minimus

I think many were Watchtower Society defenders. That's why, when they turned, they became "apostate".

• Mulan
    Mulan
    What were YOU like when you were in the congregation???

I was very judgmental, and was a little Pharisee. I was always very outgoing (after childhood, that is, when I was very shy) and outspoken.

Now I am less judgmental, but still working on it. I also really like all people, for the most part, and not just my own little circle.

• shamus
    shamus

LOL, Mulan.

I was just like you, too. We could have been friends, had coffee, and gossiped with everyone else in the congregation about all their misdeeds and how certain ones were "bad assosiation". I am still pretty ashamed of that.

Now, I feel that I am much better personality wise. I no longer walk around like we are the best people on the planet - and everyone else is below us. My self-esteem, which was in the dumps is vastly improved.

• minimus
    minimus

Imagine thinking you are the best on earth and still suffering from self-esteem...."little Pharisee".....how apt.

• shamus
    shamus

Actually, Minimus, that is very typical from a psychological view. Seriously. Most people who act like that have very little self-esteem.

• minimus
    minimus

I guess I have a hard time sympathizing with persons that are always looking down on others and bragging about themselves while claiming they have low self-esteem.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

B-I-G changes, minimus.....A-L-L for the better!!!!!

ESTEE

• minimus
    minimus

If a person can grow, then, it might be almost worth everything that one has to go through. I suspect that many of those that were hardliners as Witnesses, are the same as exes. Many that had "weak" personalities then, are still "weak" people today. It's nice when you hear that some come out of the organization and actually become happy, well-adjusted persons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit