Watchtower let off the hook by the UK charities commission

by jambon1 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
    Londo111

It is likely very suspicious to the Charity Commission that Watchtower is fighting tooth and nail at every turn. That would tell any reasonable person that something is up.

• Tallon
    Tallon

Came across this article on JW Survey;

http://jwsurvey.org/charity-commission/uk-charity-commission-posts-update-for-watchtower-investigation

• cofty
    cofty
    There's been some resistance to the Commission in certain levels of the British government. So much so, in fact, that three of the Commission's Directors have resigned is as many years.

I think you are confusing the Public Enquiry of historic child abuse in the UK with the Charity Commission investigation of the Watchtower in the UK.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I think some of us are hoping that the ARC, adverts in U.S. papers asking about JW paedo cases and other factors will obliterate the WBT$ off the face of the planet. I don't think this will happen any time soon. Probably the filthy, disgusting cult will fizzle out over time. But these Government actions will only knock the cult about a bit. They'll survive I'm sorry to say.

I personally want to see the Governing body face the death penalty for crimes against humanity.......it won't happen.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

C'mon, punk, you know damn well that'd just martyr 'em, and the Org's successor would bounce back even more energetic than before.

Better to indict them for tax fraud and criminal conspiracy, seize WT property assets under RICO, and offer the GB members immunity or reduced sentences for cooperation and/or the renunciation of the WTS and the JW religion on CNN or somesuch.

Big picture, man, big picture,

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    There's been some resistance to the Commission in certain levels of the British government. So much so, in fact, that three of the Commission's Directors have resigned is as many years.

I think you are confusing the Public Enquiry of historic child abuse in the UK with the Charity Commission investigation of the Watchtower in the UK.

Nazo Moosa, Peter Clarke and Claire Dove??

Though I don't think Claire Dove actually resigned.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ah, I see.

Yes, I did have them confused, thanks.

• darkspilver
  • Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Vidiot:

You do know that someone tried to sue Watchtower and Don and Joel Adams under the civil RICO statute.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ cofty and darkspilver...

Okay... I... didn't get them confused...?

Now I really am confused...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit