Reinstatement Procedure

by KerryKing 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KerryKing
    KerryKing

What else has changed?

During the many years I have been df'd the org has printed a new Bible, new song book, doctrinal changes, so has anything changed re reinstating someone?

I'm contemplating the leap for family reasons but due to my job and young family commitments there is no way I would be able to attend every meeting for months on end. Does zoom attendance count nowadays?? Or would I be expected to visit KH in every place I'm working in that week?

Also, my understanding is that based on the baptism oaths of 30 years ago a df'd person is no longer baptised on being reinstated, how is that viewed by the org? The oaths make one a dedicated and baptised person to Jehovah (not Jesus as the Bible states) and the WT society, by dfing they have effectively annulled the baptism oaths?

Another question, if reinstatement is successful, is the person required to sign a new Publisher record card, or do they still have the old one and simply continue its use? Reinstating request would be to a neighboring cong to the one where I was df'd as I live in their territory now.

Appreciate all answers and suggestions x

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

If you're seeking reinstatement, your best bet is to humiliate yourself publicly so that the elders notice, as often as possible.

Be on your chair in the back of the hall 5 mins before mtg starts, every week, religiously (pun intended).

After around 6 months of that, write a mea culpa letter to the elders saying that you've come to your senses, recognize that through your actions you've made Jehoovers feel terrible sadness, but feel that he has shown you mercy recently and you believe he is ready to accept you back into his fold.

Nod your head in approval to all counsel the elders give you and put on a "grateful for advice" facade.

Do this and you WILL be reinstated.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Agree with Sanchy. At least that was the way it worked before I left.

One thing that would weigh in is WHY were you DF? IF "apostacy", or if you are considered "apostate" now, then you'd likely be given much more scrutiny and require a longer show of repentance than if it was just plain ole ordinary things like fornication/adultery, drinking, etc

I think the best approach would be that you see all the things going on in the World and it PROVES that The End is very, very near.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Sanchy: your best bet is to humiliate yourself publicly so that the elders notice

DOC: I think the best approach would be that you see all the things going on in the World and it PROVES that The End is very, very near.

Jesus: "Many people were traveling with Jesus. He said to them, 26 “If you come to me but will not leave your family, you cannot be my follower. You must love me more than your father, mother, wife, children, brothers, and sisters—even more than your own life! 27 Whoever will not carry the cross that is given to them when they follow me cannot be my follower".

Celebrate Revovery has over 30,000 chapters helping people with their hurts, habits and hang-ups. It's free and is helpful in sharing honesty, grief, loss and recovery with others who seek to be healed by Jesus. Jesus is still in the healing business. I have attended off and on for years..... very helpful.

I was never disfellowshipped, faded at first but eventually took a stand for conscious reasons, false prophecies, lack of love in congregations, Jesus not the Mediator for the R&F, etc.

My family has been in it for nearly 100 years. I had several dozen relatives I had to say goodbye to. I started my own family at age 40, have three sons, and was able to get my nephew out.

I find a great deal of satisfaction in knowing that all of the male heirs capable of reproducing and furthering the family name will never be JW's .... because of me. In other words, no descendant with my father's last name will ever worship this idol again. I stopped a legacy of tragedy... at least in one family.

If you will follow Jesus and let the chips fall where they may, Jesus boldly claims to repay a person one hundred times over...."in this age".

Jesus said, “Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time...and in the age to come eternal life. - Mark 10: 29

What to do with Jesus and his incredible claims? He's either the most evil person who ever lived because of his lying claims, or he is who he said he is.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Kerry

Welcome to the forum!

As you can see by the responses you have received thus far, this is not a Watchtower approved site.

I assume you arrived here by accident. There are a few active JWs on board, but in disobedience to the Faithful Slave in New York. Who knows what will happen to them come the GT leading to Armageddon.

We would encourage you to stick around as well and take your chances. Oh yes, and please feel free to share more of your story with us.

God bless

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Hi Kerry and welcome to the forum.

Absolutely nothing will happen to you from being here.

Feel free to ask anything 24/7.

And tell the people on here anything you want.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Lots of things have changed. The question is why would you want to reinstate now? You’re doing yourself and the people around you a disservice, if you don’t believe, stay out, they’ll sniff you out eventually and then you only reinforce what they are telling your family.

Stay out and try to influence your family in a good way, the may eventually want to see what this freedom is all about once they’ve been let down by the borg a few more times.

As far as your publisher card, it depends on your jurisdiction, in Europe they have to destroy them after so many years or if they never got your consent to keep it. In the US it differs from state to state but also whether or not the record keeper throughout the years was sufficiently competent and whether they implemented all the Borg’s direction changes on the topic over time.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    During the many years I have been df'd the org has printed a new Bible, new song book, doctrinal changes, so has anything changed re reinstating someone?

No, it has not changed.

Does zoom attendance count nowadays?? Or would I be expected to visit KH in every place I'm working in that week?

No, you are expected to be at the Kingdom Hall to show you are repentant. Its like saying sorry to your wife. You have to be there in front of her to get the forgiveness.

The oaths make one a dedicated and baptised person to Jehovah (not Jesus as the Bible states) and the WT society, by dfing they have effectively annulled the baptism oaths?

No, you don't need to get re-baptized. Baptism is like acquiring citizenship and disfellowshipping is like getting imprisoned for breaking the laws of the country. When you are released you don't apply for citizenship again.

Another question, if reinstatement is successful, is the person required to sign a new Publisher record card, or do they still have the old one and simply continue its use?

Depends on which country you are in and what data laws prevail. But in any case, a new card is always made when you are reinstated.

Reinstating request would be to a neighboring cong to the one where I was df'd as I live in their territory now.

The request needs to be sent to the congregation where you are attending the meetings. If the orginal committee is not far away, then they will come and conduct the reinstatement hearing, or else, a new committee in your current congregation will handle the matter and forward their recommendation to the original commitee.

• KerryKing
    KerryKing

Thanks everyone for all the advice, I do appreciate it!

I was df'd for leaving my abusive JW husband for another man, I went from full on zealot to 180° turn around. I was told I'd never survive out there in 'the world', the first feeling I felt driving away from the judicial committee was immense relief, a huge weight was gone from my shoulders.

I didn't have to pretend anymore, I wasn't watched anymore, I was completely and utterly free, the emotional blackmailing eventually also stopped.

Did I feel bad when I bumped into JW's in town and they shunned me? No, I felt relief! I knew I wasn't getting an earful of passive aggressive nonsense anymore.

Why am I contemplating going back?? Well, I think I would have more of a chance to reach the few people who are still in, but they're the ones I really care about, and I know they have questions about things since the whole COVID scam.

I would fade as soon as I was reinstated if I can even get that far, I have my doubts because I am the kind of person who shows their feelings on their face, at least so my friends tell me!

I am too independent now to ever fall for an organised cult ever again.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hi Kerry, wishing you much success in reaching the goals in your plans. Really you are wanting to go under deep cover, like a detective.

On the cop movies they show some people working undercover for a long time get very depressed. I’m sure I would be affected that way.

So just be aware and careful. A lot of stress in being different from your true self.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit