The Old New Boys

by The Bethelite 18 Replies latest jw friends

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite
    A blast from the pass.
    Top left row.
    Demetrious Barmetler and his wife. Jimmy Kennedy who was killed at Ruby Falls and his wife who was pregnant at the time of his death.
    Bottom row left.
    Me, Gary Kennedy at his wedding, Jack Sutton my Bethel roommate and his wife Hedy, who died for refusing a blood transfusion.

Image may contain: 8 people, people smiling, people sitting, drink, table and indoor
  • tiki
    tiki

What year was that? Sad the transfusion lost life....

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

Late 1973

• tiki
    tiki

Ahh....my era....I was 23 then....and hopelessly invested in the cult.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Jesus...Keith! One 'good' thing that we all had way back then as Bethelites was a certain level of comradery and male bonding. I miss my old 'war buddies' from my Bethel days. Imagine that a religion that once united us in a common purpose is now the cause of our estrangement from one another! The nostalgic feeling that I get from looking at that photo puts a lump in my throat and a twinge in my heart.

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

"Jesus...Keith! One 'good' thing that we all had way back then...."

Funny the first thing I thought of when you said those words and before I read the rest of you post was the word "Hair" lol

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Killed at ruby falls! Did he fall off the viewing area at the top, or fall inside the cave?

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

This the era when you drove around in that wreck of a car you spoke about Keith ? ( parting the red sea on the highway while blasting Eton John's Madman Across the Water hehe )

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    Ahh....my era....I was 23 then....and hopelessly invested in the cult.

Enjoy your Golden Years @ 69 ;)

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

Jim died when him and his brother were climbing up the falls. He lost his footing and fell to his death.

Yes that is the time period I was driving my dollar car around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit