Regional Kickbacks to WTS for Conventions

by Simon 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon

I guess tax payers get to subsidize the conventions, who knew!

https://user-cb2rbzy.cld.bz/Jehovah-s-Witnesses-2017-Regional-Convention/4

No wonder they really push people to book through the congregation rather than privately, directly - it's all about the rebates!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

"The Edmonton Advantage goes directly to your organization or can be applied to offset meeting costs."

$199,779.01 - not bad

It's no wonder that they do not do an accounts report for the RC.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

it looks like Toronto offered them a better deal: https://ca.jw2017.org/.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Why does that not surprise me. $$$$$$ is their bottom line .

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Great find.

They also get complimentary rooms or upgrades to executive suites for each 40 or 50 rooms they manage to sell to the dubs.

• careful
    careful

It surely fits in the trend we see from other sources. Thanks for the post.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Probably think they're puttin' one over on "Satan's World"...

• oppostate
    oppostate
    They also get complimentary rooms or upgrades to executive suites for each 40 or 50 rooms they manage to sell to the dubs.

I can attest to that.

It's a common practice as I learned when "helping" with overseeing the rooming dept. at Conventions.

These rooms go to visiting oligarchs from Bethel or any other heavy who's giving a talk.

But would free rooms be given to a single parent mom with little children. Nope. In such cases you track down her local elders and make it plain they need to see to that getting resolved or else.

• cha ching
    cha ching

As we were exiting the borg, I noticed that in the SF Bay Area... at the Cow Palace, hotels use to be fairly close to the convention.

The last time I was still in, my friend had to go to a hotel in Fremont! It seems as that would be at least an hours drive, and the cost? huh! not that cheap!

I asked, "What!!?? They can't make you do that! That's crazy!"

Her reply? "There must be a reason the brothers want us there."

• joe134cd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit