Ken and Barbie

by peacefulpete 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Forgive the insensitivity of this but does the WT imagine the "resurrected" bodies of the dead will have useless genitalia? Or will the humans 2.0 have the smooth appearance of a Ken doll or the nipple-less breasts of a Barbie. Any breasts at all?

• Biahi
    Biahi

I heard an elder muse in a talk that we will not have genitals in the “new system”. 😂

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    The "new system" grows less attractive all the time. lol.
  • St George of England
    St George of England

In the old 1958 Paradise book there are two pictures, one in the Garden of Eden the other in the New World. I cannot remember the page numbers and the book is tucked away in the loft.

In the GoE picture we see Adam, a Cock (eral) and a Squirrel with a couple of nuts.

In the New World picture we see the Cock (eral) is there along with the Squirrel still with his two nuts.

This was supposed to indicate that we will still be as we are now, so to speak.

Perhaps someone can post the two pictures for those unfamiliar with old paradise book.

George

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Why do you ask?

They will have children.

Must be frutiful and fill the earth.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"They will have children.

Must be frutiful and fill the earth."

I was under the impression that those who survive the big A will be spending the Millennium preparing the earth for the resurrection of pretty well everyone who died in Armageddon. 8bn people divided by 1000 years means around 8000000 people per year for whom housing must be provided (remember all those vision of paradise pictures of JWs building houses during the Millennium?) The faithful survivors will be too busy to be having children and raising them. Besides, why do you need to have children when 8bn people are about to arrive on the scene? And why does the earth need to be repopulated when you already have 8bn people?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    I was under the impression that those who survive the big A will be spending the Millennium preparing the earth for the resurrection of pretty well everyone who died in Armageddon.

@NotFormer - The WT gave us a lot of impressions. Were you aware that no where in the bible does it teach that people will be resurrected on earth? There is only the resurrection of life and the resurrection of damnation. This corresponds to the resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous.

The 2nd chance salvation that Russell taught is a heresy and is not Christian.

While the idea of a second chance for salvation is appealing, the Bible is clear that death is the end of all chances. Hebrews 9:27 tells us that we die, and then later face judgment. So, as long as a person is alive, he has a second, third, fourth, fifth, etc. chance to accept Christ and be saved. Once a person dies, there are no more chances.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I'm aware of the discrepancies, Seabreeze. My question is to mainly point out the logical shortcomings of what I understand to be the WT position. Or at least, what I've been told in discussions on my doorstep. 🙋 As someone who was never a JW, I could be wrong as to what they really say about it all. That being said, I feel like the WT has always been deliberately vague about how the new system is supposed to work. 🤔

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

@NotFormer,

I think that you have it right as to what the WT teaches regarding the Millenial Reign of Christ. They use the term New System instead so that they can paint a picture with Jehovah ruling instead of Christ. I would disagree about its vaguenesss though, it all seemed pretty clear to me when I was growing up in it.

In their alternate story people are resurrected to earth here and are eventually perfected by studying Watchtower literature. Only church leaders (144K) are supernaturally changed and are declared righteous (Justified). In their deluded view, the rest of JW's and manking must perfect themselves through diligent study and willpower.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The impression I got (and this has been years, so I may not be remembering accurately) is that Jesus would rule during the thousand year period after Armaggedon, during which time humanity would achieve perfection. At the end of it, Satan is let loose for a short time and accounts are finally settled. Then Jesus would relinquish the throne to Jehovah.

What happens to Jesus after this? I don't think that was ever specified. But it is hard to imagine that he takes any meaningful role after that. He would be like one of the 144,000 at that point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit