Voting At Meetings

by Spoletta 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We had the "alpha male" PO who would campaign his point of view over any issue prior to the elders' meetings. If the vote didn't go his way, he'd put it on the next agenda again. And again. And again. Eventually he's always get his way. Get in his way, and he'd start campaigning to get you removed. Everyone joked that they wish he could be made "Pope" as then everyone would only have to kiss his ring. I feel the love! . . . . Doc

• Londo111
    Londo111

My father lost to a COBE just like that and got deleted. Of course, it didn't help that my father would not apologize. Just children on a playground behaving badly.

• sir82
    sir82

I was hammered on a meeting, one on one with the PO, after the visit, for my "disrespect".

Nothing torques off an elder like a non-elder approaching a CO to try to get resolution of an issue.

You'll get an earful about "not respecting theocratic order".

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

What gets me is the org. Wants every last nickel accounted for from the congregation. But don't dare ask how the organization is spending dedicated funds

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Way back when, I raised my hand in opposition to some particular thing.

After the meeting, somebody asked me why. I told them. It was then I realized: they don't WANT any feedback from anybody and their asking for a show of hands was a charade - like just about everything else in the Witness religion!

From that point forward, I never raised my hand for or against anything there. I ignored it all until I "faded" from the religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit