A sucker is born every minute

by Sour Grapes 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillin
    stillin

So it's true. Religion IS a racket and a snare!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Wait, Fred Franz actually stated that Adam might have been "eventually tempted into beasteality"? For real? That loon was really a sexual deviant, wasn't he?

I would have asked ol' Freddy, how Adam could have been tempted into such a sinful act, when he was in fact PERFECT and without sin? Fred really was a complete LOON! Why anyone would take his rantings seriously is beyond me. Types and anti-types........what contrived bullsheet! Ugh.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We were suckers DOC , but we are not suckers anymore , WE saw the TRUE LIGHT and left. ~ smiddy

I'm with ya on that, smiddy! TRUE LIGHT -- not to be confused with NEW LIGHT! DOC

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I agree with Wing Commander. Fred Franz was a loon. Have you ever notice WT is so enamored with sex, whether it is masturbation, adultery, fornication and beasteality . Seems to be a obsession with sex. Reminds me of the saying , "thou does protest to much."

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Growing up inside the evil empire, this was an every day reality in my household. I was born just before 1975. However, my father claims to be of the anointed which, until recently, made him part of the mysterious "faithful and discreet slave". My father regularly claimed to be guided by the Holy Spirit into discovering "new light" which he would write HQ in NY about.

I can't tell you how many times throughout my life my father would paint a picture of doom and gloom with an approximate date attached to it. The first Gulf War was surely it. Then it was this. Then it was that.

It every time a period thought to bring the Great Tribulation came and went my father was truly dismayed. There were a few times he literally didn't work for a year or more because of this obsession with the end of this system of things. There is nothing quite like graduating from high school and going to work full time because there's no money for food or rent for your parents and two younger siblings.

I can't tell you how much conspiracy theory non-sense I would have to put up with growing up. Concentration camps being built in the US. The "Amero" currency conspiracy. The New World Order one-word-government crap.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

It is a shame that so many Witnesses, myself included, wasted so much of the only life we will every have on a religion based upon fairy tales. There is not one shred of evidence, unless you believe in a 2,000 year old book, that there will be a resurection on the earth and that the earth will become a paradise.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I got baptized in 1969, so I was around for the hoopla leading up to 1975. I saw the endless speculation, the parsing of every thing said from the platform and written in the magazines, the speculation about every news event. It's so sad to see history repeating itself and people still falling for the same bait and switch. The few people still around from then have conveniently forgotten what happened, or don't dare say anything about it if they haven't.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"There is nothing quite like graduating from high school and going to work full time because there's no money for food or rent for your parents and two younger siblings."

That is sad. It amazes me how certain ones can not function in the world. WT and Armageddon are like an obsession.

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

I was 24 in 1975 and my first child was 2 yrs old. We young mothers in the KH were giddy knowing that our children wouldn't have to go to school in this old system. The higher ups told us 1975 was the date, so we believed them. Now, we young mothers are old grandmothers, some of whose grandchildren are having children. Oh, well. I'm just glad to be alive.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I was proudly told that I would not have to finish high school. Well, my children finished high school and now my grandchildren have graduated from high school. No doubt the Witnesses today are saying the same thing. History does repeat itself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit