April 2017 wt says you can't undo a dedication to God

by poopie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie

If that's true then you can't say such and such is no longer aa Jehovahs Witnesses . now I'm not very educated but is this like contradictory.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

What if a Kingdom Hall is dedicated to Jehovah,

Can it be sold and then of course be used for something else, let's say a brothel?

Maybe it can never be sold then,

:)

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

What if the Jehovah is just a myth?

• alanv
    alanv

Good point tepidpoultry. Clearly it is not still dedicated to Jehooba if someone else buys it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If that's true, why are they selling off Kingon Halls that were 'dedicated(tm)' to 'Jehovah(tm)? In my city, one is a Pentecostal church and one is a Mosque. Oh, the irony!

tedipoultry - my point fazackerly.

• Fairlane
    Fairlane

Is it possible their thinking on this could be an uninspired error of judgement. .....Mmmmm?

• Listener
    Listener
    Tepidpoultry - What if a Kingdom Hall is dedicated to Jehovah,
    Can it be sold and then of course be used for something else, let's say a brothel?
    Maybe it can never be sold then,
    An enthusiastic field service group leaving for witnessing activity in Lusaka, Zambia. The well-maintained Kingdom Hall serves as a powerful witness to Jehovah. Watchtower April 2017

Not only are these Halls dedicated to Jehovah but they 'serve as a powerful witness' to him. Why would they even think of selling?
  • never a jw
    never a jw

Poopie,

What they mean is:

They (Watchtower) have the power to dump you, but you don't have the power to dump them.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Ah but then i wasn't baptized in the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit. I was baptized in the name of the father, the son and gods spirit directed organization. Therefore i was never dedicated to Jehovah.

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, makes perfect sense that 8 year old kids make such a ironclad agreement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit