The Ice Storm Of The Century

by Sunspot 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"Mention the above to a Jehovah's Witness. They will remind you how "worldly" people are evil, incapable of love, and condemned to eternal destruction at the impending "any minute now " Armaggedon. I would trust my life to people who are NOT Jehovah's Witnesses over a self-righteous, self-important Dub anyday."

Reborn, I can't tell you how often that thought crossed my mind! You wouldn't believe (or...maybe ya would :o) how many "acts of kindness during the ice storm" have been mentioned in our paper, how people did so many things for others....it was heartwarming. I'm glad you brought that up, I kinda forgot to mention it. Thanks for your thoughts....

Hugs,

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"Reading your story I couldn't help but think, "Sounds like winters in Northern Michigan...on crack!" LOL@"Bambi-on-Ice"!

I guess northern Michigan would have pretty much the same conditions! Glad you liked my Bambi interpretation! I'm glad nobody was looking. It WASN'T pretty! LOL!

Thanks for adding your 2cents worth,

Hugs,

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"Wow, I'm glad you're okay! What an adventure!"

Thanks, Nina. We were very lucky. A lot of inconvenience, but we came through it unscathed, as they say. Thanks for your reply,

Hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit